My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

My "new" CRT TV will not connect with my new Humax

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

U cannot warch an LED TV so I watch a CRT TV connected ti a Humax.
    My current TV is a Philips and it is connected to a Humax DTR-T2000,that was new in 2016. As both TV and Humax are getting tempremental and the Olympic games are coming I decided to buy some "new" gear.

I bought a Sony Trinitron Wide TV 28 Inch from a charity which appears to be never used. It has a scart socket so I bought an HDR-T1800R from Amazon and it is new and never used.

As I am a bit decrepit due to advanced years so I got an electrician in to connect the two under my supervision as he had never seen a CRT TV before. I double checked it and he showed interest in the diagrams but all to no avail.

The TV keeps asking for an aerial.

The problem could be that the TV was faulty in the first plave overr 20 years ago.

The problem could also be that I need a Humax- wise person to sort this out.

Humax say they have no engineers for me to call out.

So are there any Humax fans living in SW London who like a challenge?

| Wed 8 May 2024 16:41:18 #1 |
  2. prking

prking

If I recall correctly (and that set is about twenty years old) the problem you have is that Sonys from that era needed to go through the initial tuning before you could change the input to Scart. Of course analogue TV was turned off at least 12 years ago so this will come down to whether anyone can bypass the setup.

Also, being nosey I’m interested to know why you can’t watch a more modern TV.

| Wed 8 May 2024 22:55:06 #2 |
  3. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

It may be possible to use a VHS or Betamax recorder of a simular age to generate an analogue signal to use to set up the Sony tv. Use the RF out of the VCR to the TV RF in, may be necessary to play a tape to generate a signal wilst scanning. Hope this might help.

| Thu 9 May 2024 8:34:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Thank you so much for your replies.

First; prking, what you say sounds so logical and I do hope you are right as I have written to Sony by snail mail as I could not see the serial number. I hope they have someone there who might be interested.

I have had migraine problems since I was 10 years old and that is now 70 years. I know my triggers quite well and I have a lot of experience with LED lights and screen. I have a blue screen for my PC as most people do now and I have to carefully ration my PC time. Fortunately or unfortunately I had a heart attach a few years ago and finally got a drug that helps a bit in the form of beta-blockers.

I cant help thinking I am not the only one who cannot cope with LED screens or lights. When O was in hospital there was a nurse who had a bad head ache and said it was the lights in the ward that caused them. I suggested she wear a visor but I dont know if she did. No one is unique, so I am sure I am not the only one.

Hi Fixdit, I am not sure I fully understand what you suggest but I will print out that bit. It sounds logical as I have several times yelled at the TV "the aerial is in the Hu8max you &&(*&^%$!".

Thank you again.

| Thu 9 May 2024 9:47:48 #4 |
  5. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

Hi hgchgc, If you could give us the model number of the TV it may help us work out the tv's capablities.

prking alluded to the tv requiring an analogue signal for initial set up, if that is the case using a vcr would provide a suitable signal for intial tuning.

| Thu 9 May 2024 13:56:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

The T^V model number is KV-2828FX68U and it is
    FD Trinitron Wide Colour TV.

I have found an old vcr player that is a Sony and as soon as I have had my pm nap I am going to have a go.

| Thu 9 May 2024 14:03:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

It worked!! I did not have to scan it I just fed it a cd of Fawlty Towers!

Picture is brilliant.

What do I do next?

| Thu 9 May 2024 17:17:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hgchgc - 5 mins ago  » 
    What do I do next?

How did you connect the VCR to the TV?

| Thu 9 May 2024 17:23:26 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

I pulled out the scart plug from the Humax and put it in the CD player.

| Thu 9 May 2024 17:47:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hgchgc - 47 mins ago  » 
    I pulled out the scart plug from the Humax and put it in the CD player.

OK so are you able to record on the Humax? If so what happens if you plug the SCART cable back into the Humax and try to display content from the Humax on the TV?

| Thu 9 May 2024 18:37:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.