My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

My "new" CRT TV will not connect with my new Humax

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

I have not tried to record anything on this Humax. I have another Humax and CRT TV set up that I have had for years and I record on that.

Going back to Fixdit`s message of 8th May. The last sentence says

"it may be necessary to play a tape to generate a signal whilst scanning.

I have watched a CD of Fawlty Towers which at least proves to me that the TV is working fine. How would I do that and scan at the same time? Or have I misunderstood the point?

| Fri 10 May 2024 13:55:49 #11 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You need to use a VCR or a CD player that you can connect to the TV using an RF co-ax patch cable. CD players tend not to have such a output unless a pretty old model.

With that playing you can then scan on the TV for RF channels. A VCR normally uses channel 36 (or is it 38 but no matter). That should be enough to make the TV happy that it has done the set up needed to allow you to then move on to switch to it using one of its SCART inputs.

| Fri 10 May 2024 14:43:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gomezz - 36 mins ago  » 
    That should be enough to make the TV happy that it has done the set up needed to allow you to then move on to switch to it using one of its SCART inputs.

Why would he need to do that when he has already played content from a VCR via SCART on the TV?

Note to OP you haven't answered my questions in post #10?

| Fri 10 May 2024 15:22:10 #13 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Sorry, I lost track of how far the OP had got.

| Fri 10 May 2024 22:16:14 #14 |
  5. Fixdit

Fixdit

special member

My thinking regarding playing a VHS tape is to give a visual indication that an Analogue channel is present. Scanning analogue signal gives many spurious hits. Channel 21 or 68 (not a good choice since the 700mhz clear out) were favorites
    The OP has only played a CD (DVD) unless the Payer was a VHS/DVD combo player.
    Not sure if this type of player has the DVD output available at RF/Aerial.
    A quick look online for the Sony Model given gives manuals with clear instructions on how to set up a RF input/Aerial scan and then how to allocate a scart input.

| Fri 10 May 2024 22:24:34 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Hi Fixdit

I have spent many "happy" hours yesterday and today trying to follow the manual on this point. U can get to "Manual program preset" but then there is no "decoder option" There is an asterisk which points to a caveat says this depends on the Language/Country selected from the menu. I have gone through and choden several languages where I think I might recognise the word "decoder". All to no avail.

I have wondered why this CRT TV should have all the paperwork with it as though it were brand new. Probably never been used as it must have been soled after the change over to digital.

I have not had a reply from Sony. I think I will get my carer to get down behind the TV and get the serial number and then get back onto Sony online.

Meanwhile I can warch my small pile if CDs

If you or anyone can think of anything else I can try please het me know.

Thank you all.

| Sat 11 May 2024 16:35:00 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

hgchgc - 19 hours ago  » 
    Hi Fixdit
    I have spent many "happy" hours yesterday and today trying to follow the manual on this point.

Your description of what you did doesn't support you trying that, because ....

hgchgc - 19 hours ago  » 
    U can get to "Manual program preset" but then there is no "decoder option" There is an asterisk which points to a caveat says this depends on the Language/Country selected from the menu. I have gone through and choden several languages where I think I might recognise the word "decoder". All to no avail.

The "Decoder" functionality is not for any of your equipment that you are attempting to connect to your TV.
    Also now that you have successfully been able to watch Facility Towers with the TV asking you for an aerial connection, moving on to answer Martin's question of Post #10 would be more suitable an option to purse.

hgchgc - 19 hours ago  » 

Go back to the setup you had when you posted post #7, and try Martin's suggestion of post #10. Then come back and report what happened.

hgchgc - 19 hours ago  » 

Did you get the DTR-T2000 connected OK to the new TV, which you have experience of how to switch it on and get to the menus, or did you go straight to the HDR-1800T?
    Both of these digital terrestrial recorders are from the 2014 and SCART wise are very similar, but the DTR-T2000 is what you are more familiar with.

Also which SCART socket on the TV are you using when you were able to watch faulty towers without the TV complaining of a lack of aerial?

Also when you were attempting to watch the HDR-1800T on your TV was the HDR-T1800 showing blue or red in the bottom middle of its front panel?

I ask these questions but I believe that you answering Martin's question of earlier would be good to help with our understanding of what is happening.

| Sun 12 May 2024 12:41:35 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

Hi Luke,

I am not sure how to respond to your post.

I have taken the advice offered and if I have not met with success I have not rubbed failure into anyone nose.

You sound like a head of year at a minor public school..

I will change my rooms back to where they were as the present set up is dangerous to me. In other words I give up. My only hope is that maybe Sony will get back to me with the answer on how to connect my CRT TV to my new Humax. Until then I will have one TV to watch terrestrial TV and another to watch my old CDs

If, however, I do get the 2 to connect I will let you all know.

Best regards, H

| Tue 14 May 2024 14:27:44 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hgchgc

EUREKA My Humax and CRT TV have connected.
    I got a reply from Sony saying that "due to the seniority of the device" they no longer support etc.
    So I decided to try all the scart sockets on the TV and it works.

Thank you all for your patience. I will now be able to watch the Olympic Games and The Tennis in both my dining room and sitting room and not have to fear the final demise of either my "old" CRT TV or my old Humax.

I am a happy bunny!!!

| Wed 15 May 2024 15:20:04 #19 |
  10. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Are you saying it worked with some other SCART socket to the one you were trying originally?

| Wed 15 May 2024 21:11:12 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.