My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

My5 problem

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

All the other players work fine but My5 has become really flakey, ranging from -causing the box to reboot, just failing to load and hangs with blank screen, failing to load and going back to what ever was on before My5 was selected or at times actually work albeit slow to respond to commands, I've done a power-off reset, no improvement, is there a way to reinstall the app? I can't seem to find a way to remove it.
    I'm connected via LAN and have reset the router too.

THX

| Mon 30 Sep 2019 13:41:46 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

Welcome to the My Humax forums jaeger.
    What box are we talking about here? Because I'm not sure if it is my eyes or crystal ball that's going cloudy these days ;=) but I can just make out 'Humax' in the midst of the haze.

| Mon 30 Sep 2019 15:14:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Sorry! 5000t

| Mon 30 Sep 2019 15:37:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Hi
    Yes problems for me also using 4000t. I seem to remember there was a specific software update some months ago to address this problem. Maybe My5 have changed parameters and we need another update. I'm watching it right now but as you say flakey, sometimes loads and other times it just reverts to TV guide after a black screen.

| Mon 30 Sep 2019 17:40:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

mikeatupwey - 15 hours ago  » 
    Hi
    Yes problems for me also using 4000t. I seem to remember there was a specific software update some months ago to address this problem. Maybe My5 have changed parameters and we need another update. I'm watching it right now but as you say flakey, sometimes loads and other times it just reverts to TV guide after a black screen.

Not working for me now - but it used to. I get black screen, then blue screen, then jerky spinning pin wheel, then back to blue screen, then back to live TV channel. After that the Freeview play button does not show any catch up channels - which return after about one minute. Clearly the MY 5 app needs looking at by HUMAX folks. I'll report it. BTW other catch up channels work - have tested BBC, ITV and Ch4.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:41:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I have just sent this to HUMAX support, we will see what happens...

"I have recently discovered that My5 no longer works on my FVP5000T. All other on demand portals are working fine as is the recorder itself. This has been reported by others on the Myhumax.org forum. Is there a known issue here please?"

| Wed 2 Oct 2019 6:55:14 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have just tried on my 4000t.
    The playback issue only seems to affect some episodes.
    If I randomly select something it will either work as expected or I will get the spinning wheel that never ends. If I select something else its fine and if I reselect the problematic episode it sticks again. I imagine Humax will reply to say that the issue is My5's responsibility to resolve.

| Wed 2 Oct 2019 7:25:27 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

On my 5000T. My5 displays the loading screen for 30 seconds or so and then loads.

Testing the featured Princess And The Gangster. Just confirmed over 18.

Content playing back OK. I will wait to see if a commercial break stops playback.

I have never used My5 before so I did get a few skip intro screens.

| Wed 2 Oct 2019 12:41:38 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    On my 5000T. My5 displays the loading screen for 30 seconds or so and then loads.
    Testing the featured Princess And The Gangster. Just confirmed over 18.
    Content playing back OK. I will wait to see if a commercial break stops playback.
    I have never used My5 before so I did get a few skip intro screens.

Played fine to the end - no ads either.

| Wed 2 Oct 2019 13:45:56 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

Just purchased my 5000t,It doesn't work on my 5000T.But works fine on my tv

| Thu 3 Oct 2019 6:13:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.