My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

My5 problem

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

GrahamRHK - 23 hours ago  » 
    I have just sent this to HUMAX support, we will see what happens...
    "I have recently discovered that My5 no longer works on my FVP5000T. All other on demand portals are working fine as is the recorder itself. This has been reported by others on the Myhumax.org forum. Is there a known issue here please?"

They gave me the stock response - factory reset. I don't believe it. Why would that help? Surely a power off - leading to a full reboot would have the same effect? Does anyone know what a factory reset does other than lose all my settings and schedule.

| Thu 3 Oct 2019 7:48:28 #11 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

Sets the box into a known state for further 'remote fault finding' and sometimes fixes the problem. BUT in your case, and as it is happening to others, likely it will only loose your settings. It seems that Humax (they are not alone) treat each problem in isolation rather than a 'class' problem.

| Thu 3 Oct 2019 8:02:24 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rexleroy

Update I have done factory reset on 5000t.My5 working okay now

| Thu 3 Oct 2019 10:35:31 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

For some reason, My5 is working today. I have not touched the FVP - no power off or factory reset. I did however set my wireshark system to trace IP activity to/from the FVP to see if there are/were any obvious problems. At least I now have a network trace to compare if it fails again. I suspect maybe a My5 issue. Anybody else found it to be working again?

| Thu 3 Oct 2019 14:00:14 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Just tried again, first try, the screen went black, after 40 or so seconds turned blue with the pin wheel intermittent turning then the box switched itself off to S/B
    Tried again and it loaded and played a program, I thought I try again, tried to exit my5 it took an age, wouldn't leave the program, when it did, I tried to load it again and it caused it to go back into S/B mode.

At the moment I'll watch my5 from the TV, I might try a factory reset when I have the inclination to set it all back up again.

| Thu 3 Oct 2019 14:19:38 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I might try a factory reset when I have the inclination to set it all back up again.

I think it unlikely that factory reset will do anything useful - but I am waiting for HUMAX to tell me why that might be the correct action.

I went into settings in the My5 app once it was working and found the following.

App version 0.29.2
    Release date 19/06/2019
    Device and firmware fvp4000t UKTFAE 1.03.51
    Player version 0.14.14
    Player theme version 1.0.0
    Useer service version 0.1.14

AFAIK the HUMAX firmware was released in April 2019 so the release date shown for the App version implies that apps get updated independently of the main firmware, I didn't know that. I guess apps get updated over the internet when one uses them. That may be a valid reason for a factory reset - perhaps. But it may also be that an update gets scheduled after a failure for the app to work. Just a hunch.

| Thu 3 Oct 2019 17:10:42 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I have had a reply from HUMAX as follows:

My5 are currently releasing a update for their app which has yet to be fully released and not all customers have received the update yet. Doing the factory reset should allow the unit to search for any new software, including app updates, and then let you access the app again after.

I would also advise contacting channel 5 as they would be able to tell you more about the update and what it contains.

I will ask a supplementary question of HUMAX - why is a factory reset needed to check for new app software?

| Fri 4 Oct 2019 10:56:22 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

David Briggs

Just a quick note to say that I have recently put my 4000T through a factory reset to see if it helped with series recordings disappearing after a programme has recorded (it didn't).

My5 seems particularly unreliable now, so maybe I have picked up a bad version? It causes the FVP to crash, so I can't find out the app version.

Hope that helps,

David

| Fri 4 Oct 2019 23:01:46 #18 |
  9. prking

prking

GrahamRHK - 21 hours ago  » 
    I have had a reply from HUMAX as follows:
    My5 are currently releasing a update for their app which has yet to be fully released and not all customers have received the update yet. Doing the factory reset should allow the unit to search for any new software, including app updates, and then let you access the app again after.
    I would also advise contacting channel 5 as they would be able to tell you more about the update and what it contains.

I will ask a supplementary question of HUMAX - why is a factory reset needed to check for new app software?

A factory reset isn't necessary for an app update. But doing one forces an update, otherwise you'll be subject to the vagaries of a the roll out schedule that Channel 5 have chosen.

| Sat 5 Oct 2019 8:11:30 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

prking - 9 mins ago  » 

A factory reset isn't necessary for an app update. But doing one forces an update, otherwise you'll be subject to the vagaries of a the roll out schedule that Channel 5 have chosen.

I have had a reply from HUMAX as follows - this agrees with your advice here.

An app update is performed when the unit is connected to the internet and the unit picks up that a update for the app has been released by the app creator although sometimes depending on how recent the update was the unit might not pick it up in which case the factory reset will allow the unit to search for one. If the update is not fully out yet to the public then doing a factory reset will have not effect.

| Sat 5 Oct 2019 8:23:28 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.