My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

My5 problem

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveT

This is still a problem..... (FVP 4000T).
    The cynic in me says that on the earlier experiences, when the problem was intermittent, the reason that the broadcaster is not interested in fixing it is because it skips the ad breaks (at least for 'Neighbours').
    The My5 app is much slicker on my Roku Streaming Stick+ (as is picture quality), but of course shows ad breaks before-middle-end of programme.
    My5 on FVP 4000T hasn't worked at all for a while now.

| Thu 5 Dec 2019 12:51:50 #21 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

FVP5000T. My5 is failing to load correctly and after the blue screen with spinning daisy for ages, then a black screen, it drops back to the original broadcast channel.

The problem is then the remote is completely unresponsive apart from the standby button which seems to be the only way to reset things back to a working box. The only thing unaffected seems to be any recordings currently in progress. This is clearly a software/firmware issue that needs urgent attention at Humax/My5, a failure should not render the box inoperable.

This issue is particularly frustrating when some CH5 content is only available on My5 so it should work as advertised.

| Wed 11 Dec 2019 0:17:54 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

missselainei

Hi, I'm new here as I've just bought a Humax FVP-5000T. I can't get My5 either.

| Wed 11 Dec 2019 15:50:38 #23 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

missselainei - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi, I'm new here as I've just bought a Humax FVP-5000T. I can't get My5 either.

Stick with it, it has worked in the past and I'm sure it will in the future. Hopefully Humax and My5 will get their collective technical heads together and sort it out.

The odd thing is that if you use the search facility to find the program it does find it in the On Demand listing, it just won't play, so the box must be collecting data from the My5 service which would indicate the internet to My5 service is OK, its just the player that appears broken.

| Wed 11 Dec 2019 17:34:28 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

So are the people with this problem reporting it to Humax?

| Wed 11 Dec 2019 18:48:16 #25 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Martin Liddle - 23 hours ago  » 
    So are the people with this problem reporting it to Humax?

I have. Waiting for a response.

| Thu 12 Dec 2019 18:13:33 #26 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Had the following response from Humax so it is in hand:

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

You are correct in saying the issue is with the My5 app on the box, ourselves and channel 5 are currently looking in to and investigating the issue. We hope to have the issue resolved as soon as we possibly can once between us we have identified the cause of it. Please do keep occasionally trying the app and as I said we will resolve this as soon as possible.

| Fri 13 Dec 2019 12:47:50 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

thompsat43

Hi members well as all other people in forum MY5 not working on FVP 5000T works on my Samsung smart tv after i updated the app from 5 on demand app the MY5 app on occasions works on the humax but after an hour or so drops the signal tv turns off can you update apps on the humax FVT5000T ??

| Fri 3 Jan 2020 0:28:07 #28 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

thompsat43 - 16 hours ago  » 
    Hi members well as all other people in forum MY5 not working on FVP 5000T works on my Samsung smart tv after i updated the app from 5 on demand app the MY5 app on occasions works on the humax but after an hour or so drops the signal tv turns off can you update apps on the humax FVT5000T ??

Updates are only issued (rarely) by Humax as part of a application software update release via the box network connection. The current version is UKTFAE 1.03.51 which was from April 2019 and fixed an issue with ITV Hub.

| Fri 3 Jan 2020 17:10:32 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

David T

Same issue with my 5000T acquired just before Christmas. Latest Humax software (April 2019) and did a factory reset, by My5 doesn't get past first base, just a blank screen.

Getting a tad angry as the box is advertised to supply catch up services, which to me means BBC,ITV,All5 and My5 as the bare minimum.

Have raised with both Humax and My5.

| Sat 29 Feb 2020 20:45:55 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.