My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

My5 problem

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

David T

This was posted on the My5 site on 7 Jan:

"We are aware of a problem currently affecting the My5 app on Humax boxes and our Tech Team are looking into the cause of this issue so that they can get it resolved.

They are liaising with Humax directly to get to the bottom of what is causing the problem and if you could please raise a support ticket by clicking here to let us know that you are impacted by this we will look to keep you updated as work progresses.

Apologies for the problems that you’re experiencing with this issue, we will try to get it resolved as soon as possible."

This is link to that page, which includes link to report to My5:

link

| Sat 29 Feb 2020 20:47:50 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

I have same My5 problem with 5000T showing as blank.
    I have raised a ticket with My5 support using the link provided by David T above. Recieved this reply:

thanks for your message and apologies for the problems you've been experiencing.

We have been aware of problems with the My5 app on Humax devices for a little while now and released a fix a few weeks ago that we had hoped would resolve some of these issues. Whilst that did seem to work for some, there were still issues being reported since then so we have continued to look into this.

We have now been able to recreate some of these further issues that had been reported and this has been passed to our Dev Team to work on a fix for this as a priority. I don't have a timescale for this work at present but they are actively working to put a resolution in place as we appreciate how frustrating this is and want to get it sorted as soon as possible.

| Mon 2 Mar 2020 12:00:33 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

slimgym

Noticed for a while my main FVP4000T has not worked with My5. On accessing the My5 app I get a black screen and if you wait long enough there's a generic error about not being available at the moment. Software 1.03.51. I have a cold spare which I connected and this does work with My5. This is running 1.03.45. Doesn't seem you can download the older versions as only 10.3.51 shows on the website. Factory reset on the non worker made no difference but now I just get a black screen with no error message.

Reported this to Five as suggested, wonder if everyone is running 1.03.51? I don't think you have the option to decline software updates and expect if I plugged in the old box it would just update and the My5 may or may not work.

If I use global search can find stuff on My5 but just black screen after you press "Watch on demand".

| Thu 26 Mar 2020 12:27:40 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Noticed an update for My5 on my LG TV today, tried my 5000, still not working

| Fri 27 Mar 2020 14:40:21 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardCD

slimgym - 1 day ago  » 
    On accessing the My5 app I get a black screen

Same for me on 5000T. Will watch this page for news!

| Sat 28 Mar 2020 9:32:43 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

thompsat43

I had same issue My5 on humax but it works ok on my Samsung smart TV had same response since January 2020

| Sat 28 Mar 2020 16:53:13 #36 |
  7. ajmcfarlane

ajmcfarlane

I have two FVP4000T boxes, both running on the latest software 1.03.51 and I cannot access the My5 website from either of them.
    When you select My5 on the Humax, is this effectively accessing the My5 App and hence why the issue is with My5 and not Humax???? Just tying to understand the workings of the box.

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:17:52 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ajmcfarlane - 20 mins ago  » 
    I have two FVP4000T boxes, both running on the latest software 1.03.51 and I cannot access the My5 website from either of them.
    When you select My5 on the Humax, is this effectively accessing the My5 App and hence why the issue is with My5 and not Humax????

Yes it accesses the My5 app but it will be a version tweaked to work on the Humax and it seems to me that part of the problem is Humax and My5 are blaming each other for the current problem.

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:40:48 #38 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

Crumbs. Why ion earth all these "Me too" posts about a known problem?

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 9:42:10 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Trev - 42 mins ago  » 
    Crumbs. Why ion earth all these "Me too" posts about a known problem?

Why not?
    In my experience both Humax and the BBC regularly try to suggest that I am the only person reporting a problem, so it helps to point them to our forums so that they can see otherwise.

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 10:26:55 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.