My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Netflix: Reason it’s not included-What we can do.

(22 posts)
  1. slideyfoot

slideyfoot

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

slideyfoot - 3 days ago  » 
    so it's plausible that Humax could simply send out an update that would mean both the 5000T could run Disney+ and the Aura could run Netflix (presuming Humax got the necessary agreements sorted)? Though I'm not sure how it works, perhaps it is a hardware thing after all.

Most Disney+ content is 4K-HDR, Why would it make sense to add a a app to a box that at best can do 1080p50. ?

Fair point, although speaking personally, I don't care in the slightest about super fancy picture quality. I'll happily watch stuff on my 7 year old phone. So if there is a way of getting Disney+ working on my FVP-5000T, awesome: I see there is a USB slot, but I'm guessing there aren't Disney sticks available?

Most likely if I do want to stay subscribed to Disney+ (unlikely, in a month I've watched most of what I wanted, so I think it's something I can just dip into once or twice a year, if that. Netflix has most of what I want), easiest option is to upgrade my TV instead. It's an old TV, so I was considering doing that anyway.

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 12:29:20 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

slideyfoot - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

slideyfoot - 3 days ago  » 
    so it's plausible that Humax could simply send out an update that would mean both the 5000T could run Disney+ and the Aura could run Netflix (presuming Humax got the necessary agreements sorted)? Though I'm not sure how it works, perhaps it is a hardware thing after all.

Most Disney+ content is 4K-HDR, Why would it make sense to add a a app to a box that at best can do 1080p50. ?

Fair point, although speaking personally, I don't care in the slightest about super fancy picture quality. I'll happily watch stuff on my 7 year old phone. So if there is a way of getting Disney+ working on my FVP-5000T, awesome: I see there is a USB slot, but I'm guessing there aren't Disney sticks available?
    Most likely if I do want to stay subscribed to Disney+ (unlikely, in a month I've watched most of what I wanted, so I think it's something I can just dip into once or twice a year, if that. Netflix has most of what I want), easiest option is to upgrade my TV instead. It's an old TV, so I was considering doing that anyway.

The USB slot can only play back actual files. It will not playback streaming audio. Disney Plus is available on a PC. My laptop is full-HD with HDMI out. Guess you could watch it that way either connected to a TV HDMI in or the front Aux HDMI socket on my HDR.

Pretty sure Netflix will work the same way but would have to test both to be sure.

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 14:46:21 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.