My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

NEW BOX BUT NO SAT SIGNAL FOUND - HELP?

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

Bought a new humax free time box from currys yesterday. Spent 3 hours trying to find a satellite signal without success. My old goodmans box works fine 80% signal, using the same f cables tried different variations but no success even tried with only one cable. Humax tech dept who i phoned today cant understand it. Help?

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 14:57:30 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try refitting the F connectors (make sure there is sufficient length of the inner core to make a good connection as sat connections can differ to a small extent).
    Your goodmans box is a freesat box? If so what signal quality do you get on Fasion One (freesat 407).

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 16:14:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

MICHAELBRUM - 1 hour ago  » 
    Bought a new humax free time box from currys yesterday. Spent 3 hours trying to find a satellite signal without success. My old goodmans box works fine 80% signal, using the same f cables tried different variations but no success even tried with only one cable. Humax tech dept who i phoned today cant understand it. Help?

I had exactly the same problem - if you look back at my old posts for one with a similar title to yours, you will see how I fixed it.

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 16:18:12 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The post Devonlad refers to:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-box-reporting-no-signal

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 16:43:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

Thanks for the info. Tried as suggested by DevonLad but still no joy. Went out and bought two new cables, tried set up again which worked but only line one had a signal. Found 186 channels and did a reset and tried again. This time no signal again and couldn't get any further. Very frustrating - after removing and plugging back in the cables again many times and 2 hours later managed to get a signal on line 1 again so have given up for line 2 - at least it works. The only thing that won't work is itvplayer where it says signal too weak. Surely set up shouldn't be this stressful!

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 10:31:17 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MICHAELBRUM - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the info. Tried as suggested by DevonLad but still no joy. Went out and bought two new cables, tried set up again which worked but only line one had a signal. Found 186 channels and did a reset and tried again. This time no signal again and couldn't get any further. Very frustrating - after removing and plugging back in the cables again many times and 2 hours later managed to get a signal on line 1 again so have given up for line 2 - at least it works. The only thing that won't work is itvplayer where it says signal too weak. Surely set up shouldn't be this stressful!

It normally takes about 30 seconds to run the install wizard on a hdr-1000s. So either there's a problem with your box or the dish/lnb/coax connections. When you got a signal did you note what the quality reading was and what it said at the bottom of the diagnostics display.

Have you access to a another free to air digital sat box of any description (a Sky box will do) you can connect to the coax to inverstigate some specific transponders ?

Also roughly knowing where you are geographically will help.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 10:49:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

Thanks for advice, in Birmingham area. Have a Goodmans box that works fine on both lines. So it can't be the satellite connection. Had the same problem with a friends Foxsat HDR which when plugged couldn't find a signal. However Goodmans works every time but it doesn't record so i thought i'd upgrade.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 11:05:08 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thanks for advice, in Birmingham area. Have a Goodmans box that works fine on both lines. So it can't be the satellite connection. Had the same problem with a friends Foxsat HDR which when plugged couldn't find a signal. However Goodmans works every time but it doesn't record so i thought i'd upgrade.

Plug in the Goodmans box and see if you can watch channel 407, also check signal strength and quality while tuned to this channel. It's too much of a coincidence for a Foxsat-hdr and a HDR-1000s not to work. My guess is you have a very marginal signal from Eutelsat28A at 28.5E.

Try your box on your friends dish, I would be amazed if his Foxsat-hdr works and your HDR-1000s doesn't. Set it up on his connections and it will work after a fashion on yours but if I am correct with no updates from the freesat home transponder.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 12:15:59 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I echo Grahmas comments - I rather suspect that the goodmans box would have the same problem if you did a factory reset on it.
    Once the postcode table and freesat tune are done - you will find nearly all work find as they come from a slightly different position. Normally dishes point between the two postitions - your dish could point the wrong side of 28.2E.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 12:32:56 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

REPASSAC - 30 seconds ago  » 

I echo Grahmas comments - I rather suspect that the goodmans box would have the same problem if you did a factory reset on it.
    Once the postcode table and freesat tune are done - you will find nearly all work find as the main channels come from a slightly different position. Normally dishes point between the two postitions - your dish could point the wrong side of 28.2E.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 12:33:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.