My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

NEW BOX BUT NO SAT SIGNAL FOUND - HELP?

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

Don't really want to risk it not working again so will leave it with one tuner for now. It's a communal dish and no one else appears to have a problem.

| Fri 18 Jan 2013 23:50:08 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

MICHAELBRUM - 43 minutes ago  » 
    Don't really want to risk it not working again so will leave it with one tuner for now. It's a communal dish and no one else appears to have a problem.

Hmmm, In Settings > System Info > Signal Info
    How many tuners does it report at the foot of the page?
    The HDR-1000S currently only displays signals for active tuners.
    If you start a recording on BBC1 and switch to ITV and recheck does it now show both?

| Sat 19 Jan 2013 0:36:32 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

Thanks REPASSAC - set to record BBC1 and switched to 103 ITV message says can't watch this whilst recording. Switched to 119 ITV HD checked signal and Tuner 2 now shows signal but message below says box is connected with 1 cable ??

| Sun 20 Jan 2013 15:22:53 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

UPDATE - Checked again Tuner 2 still showing signal but no signal on Tuner 1. Stopped recording now back to signal only on Tuner 1.
    ??

| Sun 20 Jan 2013 15:28:54 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

MICHAELBRUM - 1 hour ago  » 
    UPDATE - Checked again Tuner 2 still showing signal but no signal on Tuner 1. Stopped recording now back to signal only on Tuner 1.
    ??

It only detected one cable - make a note of your schedule - do a factory reset and watch for messages then check again.

| Sun 20 Jan 2013 16:58:23 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

Lost count of how many resets i've done. The last time I did one neither tuners were active and it took many restarts and a few hours to get one one signal working so I could download channels. Will the same happen if I do another reset? It's strange that two tuners were active when I switched to ITVHD whilst recording BBC1 but message said only 1 cable connected?

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 9:35:52 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lost count of how many resets i've done. The last time I did one neither tuners were active and it took many restarts and a few hours to get one one signal working so I could download channels. Will the same happen if I do another reset? It's strange that two tuners were active when I switched to ITVHD whilst recording BBC1 but message said only 1 cable connected?

Both tuners will be active, there is an internal link which gives the second tuner a signal passed on from tuner 1.
    This gives the box the capability to record two channels at the same time as well giving some 3rd channel viewing options.

The number of connections is identified during the install or after a reset, if it only finds a feed to tuner 1 it goes into single cable mode.

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 11:27:26 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

What is the liklehood that a reset will solve the problem as previously it hasn't and I may not get a signal on either tuner?

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 19:01:28 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What is the liklehood that a reset will solve the problem as previously it hasn't and I may not get a signal on either tuner?

Can you tune to 407 FASHION ONE and use diagnostics to look what signal strength and quality you have.

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 20:22:28 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MICHAELBRUM

407 Tuner 1 Strength Good, Quality Bad, Tuner 2 No signal

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 20:39:32 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.