My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New Firmware update (Software version 1.00.73)

(36 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex4000

FYI the new firmware update (1.00.73) that appears to being pushed out to FVP boxes seems to attempt to deal with the turn on issue that a number of us have been suffering. For covenience, here's my detailed post on the "Failure to turn" on thread:

Alex4000  » 
    My 4000T 1Tb received a new firmware update sometime yesterday. The firmware is now Software version UKTFAE 1.00.73, Loader version 1.03 Dated 11 Jan 2106.
    On limited testing since then, the new version appears to have resolved the turn-on issue at least for my TV, a Sony KDL 32EX503. And I no longer need my work-around described in post #33 of a RCA/Scart cable connected as well as the HDMI cable.
    On my set up I have (a) HDMI-CEC (ie Sony Sync or Panasonic Viera Link) switched to ON on the TV (b) the power save option on the FVP switched to OFF.
    Now in all 3 FVP off states, the FVP will turn on and turn on the TV (the 3 states being (i) FVP off (ii) FVP off but recording (iii) FVP off but in the 10-15mins before a recording is due to start when the FVP is in some "pre-recording mode" waiting for the program start signal from the broadcaster).
    I have not noticed any other changes to the operation of the FVP - in particular the Genre search on the Schedule appears still to be limited to the next 6 or so hours.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 17:41:58 #1 |
  2. Davygogs

Davygogs

I never experienced any problems with my Hitachi TV.

Knowing my luck i will now the update`s done

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 18:41:15 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Davygogs - 1 minute ago  » 
    I never experienced any problems with my Hitachi TV.
    Knowing my luck i will now the update`s done

Only affected certain TV's.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 18:43:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Where is this update, nothing online that I can see?

Cheers

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 19:00:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex4000

SSThing - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Where is this update, nothing online that I can see?
    Cheers

Agreed, there's nothing about the firmware update on the Humax website. I guess they are dealing with it ala Android updates - pushing it out to machines in phases to control the load on their servers.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 19:21:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

I've checked and mine has updated automatically, I'll see how things go.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 19:22:14 #6 |
  7. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Mine has updated automatically too, but I never experienced the problem anyway, so no change here.

I don't know if that was because it didn't affect my 2015 Samsung TV or the fact that I always had the box on before any recordings started.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 20:10:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

Uh oh.......

I texted the wife to give her the good news that there has been an update to hopfully fix the turning on when recording issue (didn't tell her our box had been updated) and I got a reply saying "result, let's hope it fixes it because it happened again today"

Now, according to my Humax the date it updated was 2 weeks ago so on first look it would appear that mine hasn't been fixed.

I've just applied all my IT skills to the box and turned it off and on in the hope that it needs a re-boot for the new update to be fully applied.

I double checked that the Anynet+ was turned off on my Samsung TV and it is.

Fingers crossed the reboot helps......

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 20:23:14 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Harryhornby - 50 seconds ago  » 
    Uh oh.......
    I texted the wife to give her the good news that there has been an update to hopfully fix the turning on when recording issue (didn't tell her our box had been updated) and I got a reply saying "result, let's hope it fixes it because it happened again today"
    Now, according to my Humax the date it updated was 2 weeks ago so on first look it would appear that mine hasn't been fixed.
    I've just applied all my IT skills to the box and turned it off and on in the hope that it needs a re-boot for the new update to be fully applied.
    I double checked that the Anynet+ was turned off on my Samsung TV and it is.
    Fingers crossed the reboot helps......

The date is when the update was compiled, not the date it got installed on their box. It would be rather confusing if people had the same update but with different dates.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 20:25:35 #9 |
  10. Davygogs

Davygogs

I checked mine last night & no update but tonight it has the latest 73 version.

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 20:37:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.