My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New FVP 4000T software version 1.02.13

(53 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

irmuk

Hello,
    is there any chance of adding FRAME ADVANCE and SLOW MOTION modes in both forwards and backwards playback for recordings, when Live TV has been paused and when playing other stored videos on the FVP-4000T (1TB), please?

For example, the following speeds would be available, and in the order listed below, when using the REWIND or FAST FORWARD buttons from PAUSE mode:

×64; ×32; ×16; ×8; ×4; ×2; ×1; ×1/2; ×1/4; ×1/8; << [PAUSE] >> ×1/8; ×1/4; ×1/2; ×1; ×2; ×4 ;×8; ×16; ×32; ×64

FRAME ADVANCE would be accessed by pressing the PAUSE button when Playback is already in PAUSE mode.

Many Thanks.

(Apologies if in wrong Forum page)

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 16:23:49 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

3. User has not uploaded an avatar

irmuk

No.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/slow-motion/page/2#post-52667

Thanks for the link, but after reading the related forum page(s) I am still not sure what is preventing HUMAX (re)adding the features that I requested above or why they decided to remove them in the first place.

Is it down to the hardware or software?

I would have thought that it was only a software re-write that was required, but I could be wrong.

They also didn't properly explain why they no longer have the features in current devices. If it's because they are using a cheaper control chip then may I suggest that they use a chip with the function capabilities in future as the price of these devices, especially the likes of the FVP-4000T and other premium Freeview Play devices, should have these basic functions that have been around since VHS machines. There appears to be no logic as to why HUMAX removed these functions from recent devices.

If it is down to the onboard control chip, then when I require a new device, I won't be buying another HUMAX device unless those features are included in future. It would be a a shame to have to go elsewhere as I like the FVP-4000T and the minor enhancements that have been added since I bought the device in January 2016, but not having these basic functions from the days of VHS machines is unforgivable for a modern device.

I some ways HUMAX have taken a step or two backwards.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 18:24:17 #53 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.