My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New FVP 4000T software version 1.02.13

(53 posts)
  1. brian

brian

special member

colinobj - 18 hours ago  » 
    Hi, Ive had a FVP4000T for 2 days now and Ive not ever had anything in the "scheduled recordings list". Presumably the new software version will correct this.
    I tried the software update and it says its not available. I see from the forum that roll-out is phased - any clues whetehr this is days, weeks or months away?

If you don't want to wait for the roll-out, you can download the firmware and install it yourself. There is a link to it in post 1 of this thread.

| Mon 8 May 2017 17:10:14 #41 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

colinobj - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi, Ive had a FVP4000T for 2 days now and Ive not ever had anything in the "scheduled recordings list". Presumably the new software version will correct this.
    I tried the software update and it says its not available. I see from the forum that roll-out is phased - any clues whetehr this is days, weeks or months away?

May have more info later this week re the IP roll out.

| Tue 9 May 2017 0:14:48 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

colinobj

Just to add that the scheduled programs list was empty for the first three days, then on teh fourth day it mysteriously became populated. Couldnt spot anything missing.

| Tue 9 May 2017 14:53:24 #43 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Further IP roll out is on hold unfortunately, apparently some users have reported to call centre of recordings not playing with error message 'Unable to play due to invalid file format'

I have not witnessed this so far on this version, but have seen it rarely in other versions, recordings have always played out OK though.

Anyone else witness same then please update this thread.

(I'll leave it 'stuck' to top of Forum for a while)

| Fri 12 May 2017 11:12:01 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

I have occasionally seen an error message flash when selecting to play a recording but it plays the recording OK. Can't recall if I have seen it with the latest version.
    An annoying feature is on occasions when selecting recording it displays a blank screen with the message "No recordings", goes back to TV screen,then comes back with the populated recordings.
    Only an annoyance but really shouldn't happen

| Wed 17 May 2017 9:37:44 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

clever_trevor

Hi - had my FVP-4000T for a week now & just received the firmware update. I like the recorder but is odd the with series play on - when clicking okay on remote takes you to latest & not earliest recording. Irritating that with a large series will have to scroll back - also from the recording screen pressing the remote > play symbol does not play - you have to select okay etc - also no quick delete option after watching a programme.
    Otherwise device stable

| Thu 18 May 2017 20:46:03 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

clever_trevor

And another thing - on my previous humax recorder I could set recordings via iOS mobile app (youview). With this Humax the live app can only be used on same Lan & not from internet.
    So I know I can use a web browser with Humax registration but why not same with app. Which my previous 5 year old machine had. Bit frustrating.

| Thu 18 May 2017 20:51:23 #47 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Snip

Barry - 1 week ago  » 
    Further IP roll out is on hold

Full IP roll out now available to all.

| Wed 24 May 2017 16:57:30 #48 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just to confirm previous post, downgraded a unit and carried out software update to this version via IP without issue.

| Wed 24 May 2017 18:50:04 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

There was a problem with the programme "Broken" which was due to be recorded last night but was cancelled due to the bomb attack in Manchester.
    The EPG showed that was cancelled (showing Plant Earth II) but it carried on and recorded this programme.
    Surely with the latest digital info that is transferred with the programme it should be possible (and is on other recorders) to cancel the recording, and not treat it as a timer recording
    Even in the earlier period of video recording when programmes had a unique number which was entered to set up a recordingit discriminated what to record.

Also when I tried to correct the new date for the programme it did not initially set to record and even when it did it was showing on EPG to record but not on schedule (in schedule but no date for it).

| Wed 24 May 2017 20:09:49 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.