My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Perky555

Bitterman - 2 days ago  » 
    I hope the Netflix app does not have picture stutter. Any chance they will ever fix the 4000 having stutter in Netflix?

Nope cos the stutter is caused by humax sticking to 50fps when Netflix use 60fps. Unless they improve their frame rate conversion method rather than just throwing away frames it's still going to stutter. They seem to think giving us the option to choose 60hz output would confuse us...

| Sun 1 Oct 2017 10:26:50 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Perky555

Barry - 2 days ago  » 

Bitterman - 5 hours ago  » 
    I hope the Netflix app does not have picture stutter. Any chance they will ever fix the 4000 having stutter in Netflix?

Off Topic for this thread:
    Just watched nearly 2 hours of Netflix on a FVP 4000T, no stuttering at all throughout - unit connected to network via powerline adaptor.

Yes you do. Don't look too hard as once you've clocked it there's no going back. Check for pans and movement if you find yourself in need of driving yourself nuts

| Sun 1 Oct 2017 10:31:10 #22 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Perky555 - 54 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 2 days ago  » 

Bitterman - 5 hours ago  » 

Off Topic for this thread:
    Just watched nearly 2 hours of Netflix on a FVP 4000T, no stuttering at all throughout - unit connected to network via powerline adaptor.

Yes you do. Don't look too hard as once you've clocked it there's no going back. Check for pans and movement if you find yourself in need of driving yourself nuts

Plenty of 'pans and movement' in the 2 episodes of Star Trek Discovery I watched back to back, no stutter discernible.

However this is off topic for this thread so back to 5000T discussion please.

| Sun 1 Oct 2017 11:27:11 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

john1 - 3 days ago  » 
    I'm going to go for the 5000t.
    However, I'm still attracted to the 2TB model. Is there any way we can find out when the release date for the 2TB model. If it's to far away I'll just go with the 1TB model just as soon as there is some feed back from an owner.
    Many thanks'.

John - Latest I have is 2TB should be available middle to late October.

| Mon 2 Oct 2017 11:05:42 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Thank you Barry. Blimey it's looking good to go straight for the 2 TB model. with a bit of luck the first remarks on the newer software will be in, or I may even be the first.
    I really appreciate your time and trouble to get some more info.

| Mon 2 Oct 2017 19:25:36 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Perky555 - 1 day ago  » 

Bitterman - 2 days ago  » 

Nope cos the stutter is caused by humax sticking to 50fps when Netflix use 60fps. Unless they improve their frame rate conversion method rather than just throwing away frames it's still going to stutter. They seem to think giving us the option to choose 60hz output would confuse us...

Are you sure of your facts ? Most stutter is caused by lack of support for the blu-ray standard of 24fps (48Hz and multiples). I have to use my blu-ray player for seamless playback of 24P content,

Suggest you find some 1080p24 movie trailers and check how they look when played back on the Humax. Of course your TV has to support 1080p24 otherwise you will get the issue from drop frame conversion to 60Hz.

| Mon 2 Oct 2017 20:44:10 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

Are there any changes to the system chip?

My main gripe about the FVP-4000T (apart from the really annoying thing of the cursor position being reset when updating the screenshot, so you can't quickly delete something after watching it), is that the thing is so slow you can go and make a cuppa whilst waiting for it to respond at times.

If they brought out a unit that where the UI responded quickly to input, I would upgrade in a heartbeat. Without that, I'm not really seeing anything worthy of switching units.

| Mon 9 Oct 2017 20:18:57 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Has Freeview play always used 'tiles' for programmes/recordings or is this something new? Youview consumers have spent the last ten months 'whinging' something awful about the new HTML layout of the new Youview UI.

On first glance Freeview play does look remarkably similar. I actually like the new Youview UI though they do need to re-introduce some missing features.

| Tue 10 Oct 2017 11:01:23 #28 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Humax FVP 4000T has always had tiles (grid) for timers/recordings.

List/Tile (Grid) view, user selectable, has been introduced on the FVP 5000T.

| Tue 10 Oct 2017 12:45:20 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 8 hours ago  » 
    Humax FVP 4000T has always had tiles (grid) for timers/recordings.
    List/Tile (Grid) view, user selectable, has been introduced on the FVP 5000T.

It'll be interesting to see if it gets as much flak from consumers as Youview has had then.

| Tue 10 Oct 2017 21:40:29 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.