My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

andysue - 58 minutes ago  » 
    Freesat:- slow on EPG ( unless you press extra buttons all the time), .....

Sounds like you are referring to a Generation 1 unit such as the Foxsat rather than the current G2 units by Humax such as the HDR-1xx0 series of units?

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 10:56:26 #371 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

PES

...They all have their niggles, I am afraid there isnt much competition out there

Nicely summed up unfortunately.

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 12:00:05 #372 |
  3. andysue

andysue

PES - 1 hour ago  » 
    ...They all have their niggles, I am afraid there isnt much competition out there

Yes it is the Foxsat sorry I didnt even know they bought a nother one out I thought freesat was discontinued. I will look it up. Thanks

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 13:09:13 #373 |
  4. andysue

andysue

andysue - 35 minutes ago  » 

PES - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes it is the Foxsat sorry I didnt even know they bought a nother one out I thought freesat was discontinued. I will look it up. Thanks

Belay that comment I have just remembered I did buy one of these units about 1 1/2 years ago. It played up & the picture was all green. I sent it back to Humax for a refund. Stuck with the foxsat at the time & still use it.

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 13:47:13 #374 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

andysue - 9 hours ago  » 

PES - 1 hour ago  » 

Belay that comment I have just remembered I did buy one of these units about 1 1/2 years ago. It played up & the picture was all green. I sent it back to Humax for a refund. Stuck with the foxsat at the time & still use it.

Sounds like that was just an iffy F-connector issue rather than a fault with the Freesat box. I experienced exactly the same issue with mine when I first connected it. I re-made the F-connectors and five years later it's still playing a starring role in my recording regime.

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 23:42:06 #375 |
  6. andysue

andysue

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 

andysue - 9 hours ago  » 

PES - 1 hour ago  » 

Sounds like that was just an iffy F-connector issue rather than a fault with the Freesat box. I experienced exactly the same issue with mine when I first connected it. I re-made the F-connectors and five years later it's still playing a starring role in my recording regime.

No, definately faulty. Checked everything, all leads etc. Plugged in the foxsat & everything worked.

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 11:27:11 #376 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The 1000S series got off to a rocky start with a buggy, badly designed and implemented GUI. However, while still not a work of art it is robust and does everything it says on the can. Picture is superb. I now have 1 x HDR and 3 x HB. No going back.

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 13:09:01 #377 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

andysue - 3 hours ago  » 

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 

andysue - 9 hours ago  » 

PES - 1 hour ago  » 

No, definately faulty. Checked everything, all leads etc. Plugged in the foxsat & everything worked.

If you say so. You could do worse than to take note of what other posters say about the G2 Freesat boxes though. They are the Challenger 2 tanks of the PVR world - IMO.

| Fri 15 Dec 2017 14:35:55 #378 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Hi - I bought an FVP-5000T in the Spring to replace my ageing HDR-2T and the most important feature was the Remote Scheduling via the MyHumax.net website. Has this gone down - there have been no updates to my schedule for over 4 days ? To double-check, I have just set a new scheduled recording, and am anxiously waiting for it to appear on my FVP-5000T !

I can confirm that after a few minutes, the scheduled recording did appear on my FVP-5000T, but none of the other recordings set for today and several days hence, nor has it removed a number of completed programme schedules - anyone know the answer ?

| Mon 5 Nov 2018 13:53:28 #379 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 34 minutes ago  » 
    Hi - I bought an FVP-5000T in the Spring to replace my ageing HDR-2T and the most important feature was the Remote Scheduling via the MyHumax.net website. Has this gone down - there have been no updates to my schedule for over 4 days ? To double-check, I have just set a new scheduled recording, and am anxiously waiting for it to appear on my FVP-5000T !
    I can confirm that after a few minutes, the scheduled recording did appear on my FVP-5000T, but none of the other recordings set for today and several days hence, nor has it removed a number of completed programme schedules - anyone know the answer ?

The removal of completed recording schedules takes 13 weeks without another episode being found on all Freeview+ kit. The broadcaster can recycle the recording crid codes after this period for a different series. You can of course manually delete them if you wish.

| Mon 5 Nov 2018 14:31:12 #380 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.