My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. andysue

andysue

Have been using the 5000T for a few days now but am finding it awfully noisy with the hard drive clicking away.
    None of my other Recorders make a noise like that & neither does my CCTV which records constantly. Are they using cheap hard drives?
    Any one else finding this a problem?

| Mon 11 Dec 2017 0:22:02 #361 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

PES

Mine is silent.

| Mon 11 Dec 2017 9:23:28 #362 |
  3. andysue

andysue

Does it get hot? this one does.

| Mon 11 Dec 2017 9:31:07 #363 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andysue - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Does it get hot? this one does.

Just booted my FVP-5000T. I will check it in a couple of hours when it's recording.

| Mon 11 Dec 2017 10:11:29 #364 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Unit is barely warm when touching the top. Rather suggests andysue has a duff unit.

| Mon 11 Dec 2017 13:01:08 #365 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

I really am trying to like this box, my first Humax, but it certainly has annoying niggles. I’ve still got the receipt out but I don’t actually know what I’d get in it’s place.

Defaulting to most recent ep in a series.

Doesn’t remember preference if you did prefer grid as opposed to list in recording library. Not that it always gets the thumbnails citing recording failed but then plays as normal.

The behaviour of left and right arrows being different in timeshift as opposed to proper playback - for quick forward/replay function it brings up the channel list...

The channel list which is trying to be a programme guide with left/right/up/down buttons all going to it - what usefulness does it bring? It tells you the current programme with no indication of anything else. The view that you get when changing channel is of more use.

The ok button brings up a further variation showing what is on currently but with barely a sentence of the description and without what’s on next without clicking further. Then to watch you have to click twice as it has to go via the info screen.

The guide behaviour when scrolling down where it goes to the next ‘page’ of channels rather than keeping the same formation with one extra in view.

The low signal black screen when something disrupts it for a second.

| Mon 11 Dec 2017 22:56:45 #366 |
  7. andysue

andysue

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » 
    Unit is barely warm when touching the top. Rather suggests andysue has a duff unit.

It is hotter underneath where the vent is, I will continue this about noise on this other post as I think it is more apropriate :-
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/noisy-hard-drive-1/page/4

| Tue 12 Dec 2017 0:38:18 #367 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

AJ - 1 day ago  » 
    I really am trying to like this box, my first Humax, but it certainly has annoying niggles. I’ve still got the receipt out but I don’t actually know what I’d get in it’s place.

A good place to start would be the Freesat version. Whilst not perfect I've had mine over 5 years and it's been a star.

| Wed 13 Dec 2017 16:29:02 #368 |
  9. andysue

andysue

Faust - 17 hours ago  » 

AJ - 1 day ago  » 

A good place to start would be the Freesat version. Whilst not perfect I've had mine over 5 years and it's been a star.

I am using Freesat, Panasonic, & the 5000T.
    Freesat:- slow on EPG ( unless you press extra buttons all the time), cant use freeview play.
    5000T:- Horrid EPG, noisy, No INF in EPG.
    Panasonic:- At first I bought the freeviewplay, awfully slow & didnt have search! Took it back & swapped for older model without freeview play, lightning fast & a search. no inf in EPG
    They all have their niggles, I am afraid there isnt much competition out there otherwise they would have better software because they wouldnt sell anything. We are at their mercy.

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 9:52:57 #369 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

andysue - 59 minutes ago  » Freesat:- slow on EPG (unless you press extra buttons all the time)...

What model, because my 1000S is fast?

| Thu 14 Dec 2017 10:54:00 #370 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.