My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PES

Re: 802.11 b/g/n 5GHz support and the earlier commenting this thread:

......With thanks to Humax Towers Technical Manager for prompt response to my query:
    Luke,
    4000T/5000T has IEEE 802.11b/g/n dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz support....

I can't see any 5GHz support on my new 5000T and on contact with Humax CS they stated that the 5000 does NOT support 5GHz .....

??

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 8:59:06 #351 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

When I set up my FVP500T I seem to recall seeing my 5GHz WiFi listed as an option. I didn't try connecting to it as I prefer to use an Ethernet conection. I'll check later today.

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 9:21:46 #352 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

My 5000t Does show both 2.4 & 5GHz.
    It will only show if you are connected via Wi-Fi.

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 9:38:46 #353 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

PES

Thanks for checking. Must be the WiFI signal strength where my box is placed. I'll work on that.

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 9:40:56 #354 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For the avoidance of any doubt 5Ghz is supported, I've just disabled 2.4 on my super hub and connected a 5000T without issue.

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 9:43:35 #355 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

Faust - 14 minutes ago  » 

andysue - 19 hours ago  » 
    Well I received the 5 port hub today (only ordered it Monday). The remote works from about a foot away so that is useless. Learned the remote into the Harmony & it works ok from where I sit. So now I can record up to 8 programes if I want including freeview & freesat. Does get a bit complicated though. Her indoors is already confused! oh well perhaps I should buy her a Harmony, shell probably think it is hairspray!
    If any one wants a cheap 5 port HDMI you can get it here :-
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263348873628
    It came with a power lead as well which it doesnt show & you dont need it. Now back to see if the 5000T works properly.

I purchased a Harmony a few years ago but I sent it back after the wife threatened to beat me around the head with it. She was completely bamboozled by the complexity, and I have to admit I thought she was right. We now have six separate remotes clearly marked up and 'harmony' has been restored.

The whole point is that they make a complex set up easy to use.
    To turn on my system from scratch to say watch my HDR-1000S you have to
    1 Turn on the 1000S
    2 Turn on My TV
    3 Select the correct HDMI input
    4 Turn on my amplifier
    5 Select the 1000S HDMI input.
    Better half only has to press one button on my Harmony remote
    Watch 1000S
    If she wants to watch say a recording on my FVP-5000T while watching the 1000S. She presses a button marked watch FVP-5000T.
    This puts the 1000S in sby and selects the appropriate input on the amplifier. No change on TV as a single HDMI cable connects all the kit in my kit rack.

I do take note of what you are saying Graham. However, as our setup stands the wife knows the Panasonic remote switches on the TV. If she wants to just watch Freeview then she stays with that.

If she wants to watch either the Freesat BT Youview, Apple TV, or Chromecast then she knows to select AV on the Panny remote and choose between HDMI inputs 1-3 and use the remote for whichever input she has selected.

The Sonos soundbar will play audio whichever input has been selected.

Both the wife and I can follow that setup far easier than we could the Harmony.

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 12:51:39 #356 |
  7. andysue

andysue

Faust - 10 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

Faust - 14 minutes ago  » 

andysue - 19 hours ago  » 
    Well I received the 5 port hub today (only ordered it Monday). The remote works from about a foot away so that is useless. Learned the remote into the Harmony & it works ok from where I sit. So now I can record up to 8 programes if I want including freeview & freesat. Does get a bit complicated though. Her indoors is already confused! oh well perhaps I should buy her a Harmony, shell probably think it is hairspray!
    If any one wants a cheap 5 port HDMI you can get it here :-
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263348873628
    It came with a power lead as well which it doesnt show & you dont need it. Now back to see if the 5000T works properly.

I purchased a Harmony a few years ago but I sent it back after the wife threatened to beat me around the head with it. She was completely bamboozled by the complexity, and I have to admit I thought she was right. We now have six separate remotes clearly marked up and 'harmony' has been restored.

The whole point is that they make a complex set up easy to use.
    To turn on my system from scratch to say watch my HDR-1000S you have to
    1 Turn on the 1000S
    2 Turn on My TV
    3 Select the correct HDMI input
    4 Turn on my amplifier
    5 Select the 1000S HDMI input.
    Better half only has to press one button on my Harmony remote
    Watch 1000S
    If she wants to watch say a recording on my FVP-5000T while watching the 1000S. She presses a button marked watch FVP-5000T.
    This puts the 1000S in sby and selects the appropriate input on the amplifier. No change on TV as a single HDMI cable connects all the kit in my kit rack.

I do take note of what you are saying Graham. However, as our setup stands the wife knows the Panasonic remote switches on the TV. If she wants to just watch Freeview then she stays with that.
    If she wants to watch either the Freesat BT Youview, Apple TV, or Chromecast then she knows to select AV on the Panny remote and choose between HDMI inputs 1-3 and use the remote for whichever input she has selected.
    The Sonos soundbar will play audio whichever input has been selected.
    Both the wife and I can follow that setup far easier than we could the Harmony.

Well I had to ditch the HDMI splitter for the humax & put it straight into the Panasonic surround system. I was getting a conflict with sparklies when the old Humax was switched off, everything worked when everything was switched on but the old one used to come on when certain buttons were pressed on the 5000t remote. I think there was a break in between & it then picked up the signal on yhe old humax (foxsat). Now I have split them up onto the surround sound the picture is crisper as well.
    All this gets awfully complicated so when we get used to the 5000T if it works ok I will put one of the others into the bedroom or what ever.
    Had an issue of sound like clicking from the 5000t that others have experienced as if it is defraging like on a computer? that appears to have subsided now, we shall see.
    Have now worked out how to use the skip the adverts buttons, have changed them to 1min & 7secs back. I have found I do not need to press any buttons except the 9 oclock & 3 oclock buttons on the large middle round control & this works without pressing anything else as previous posts stated. perhaps this has been altered on the 5000T?
    Am going back to play & learn whilst she who must be obeyed makes xmas cards!

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 13:15:28 #357 |
  8. andysue

andysue

Update:-
    After spending a couple of days messing & getting mixed up with 1/2 a dozen HDMI leads, guess what? it was a faulty HDMI lead. I should have checked them all first by just connecting one appliance with each of them in turn. I did this & found on one lead I had sparklies, jumping picture & bad sound. Tomorrow I am going to cut the rubber off the plug & see what was going on.

| Sat 9 Dec 2017 1:23:38 #358 |
  9. andysue

andysue

andysue - 9 hours ago  » 
    Update:-
    After spending a couple of days messing & getting mixed up with 1/2 a dozen HDMI leads, guess what? it was a faulty HDMI lead. I should have checked them all first by just connecting one appliance with each of them in turn. I did this & found on one lead I had sparklies, jumping picture & bad sound. Tomorrow I am going to cut the rubber off the plug & see what was going on.

Looks like the black wire to the casing or earth hadnt been soldered properly. How on earth do they build machines to make & solder all these 20 or so connections, amazing.

| Sat 9 Dec 2017 10:57:24 #359 |
  10. andysue

andysue

trying to upload a picture but says it is denied size. it is less than 1mb?
    Read it wrong it is 0.1mb, hope this is clear.

Attachments

1. lead.jpg (115 KB, 13 downloads) 6 years old
    | Sat 9 Dec 2017 11:05:28 #360 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.