My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

On the surround sound issue. We have ours connected direct to the TV,
    This is via the audio out socket in the TV. That way anything that Is being viewed regardless of the source will come through the surround sound when switched on.
    You then won't need a separate HDMI lead.

| Tue 5 Dec 2017 10:12:26 #341 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

andysue - 9 hours ago  » 
    I have tried to put in my password which is 50 characters long, took me ages but low & behold the humax only accepts around 40 characters! what a waste of time. Have I got to change my password for a shorter one & change all my TVs, Phones, Panasonic recorder, router relays 4 computers etc just to use the wifi on the Humax?

I think this has been reported before on other models of Humax recorder. I agree with you that it is silly that Humax don't support the maximum length of a WPA-PSK password which is 64 characters. Barry could this be raised with Humax? However it certainly won't be changed in the short term so yes I think you will have to change it on your other kit or connect via Homeplugs or a WiFi bridge.

| Tue 5 Dec 2017 11:10:11 #342 |
  3. andysue

andysue

Hi All thank you all for your help.
    I have now changed the remote to channel 3 so they now dont conflict & her indoors is happy. (why dont they put these instructions in the manual?)(are there any other hidden gems)
    I now need to set it up on my Harmony 650. Any one know if there is a simple way or do I have to teach it with every individual button?

I have managed to sort out the internet problem by setting up a guest with its own password. I set up 2 guests one for 2.5ghz & the other for 5ghz. It only will set up on 2.5ghz. I dont think the Humax likes 5 ghz. Does anyone know any different?

I could connect the surround into the tv but I have 3 recorders now, the surround & a laptop that needs connecting through an HDMI so I will still need a splitter. found a 5 port for £3.99 on ebay we shall see if its any good & I will report back when I get it.
    Thanks again, Andy

| Tue 5 Dec 2017 14:33:50 #343 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andysue - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Hi All thank you all for your help.
    I have now changed the remote to channel 3 so they now dont conflict & her indoors is happy. (why dont they put these instructions in the manual?)(are there any other hidden gems)
    I now need to set it up on my Harmony 650. Any one know if there is a simple way or do I have to teach it with every individual button?
    I have managed to sort out the internet problem by setting up a guest with its own password. I set up 2 guests one for 2.5ghz & the other for 5ghz. It only will set up on 2.5ghz. I dont think the Humax likes 5 ghz. Does anyone know any different?
    I could connect the surround into the tv but I have 3 recorders now, the surround & a laptop that needs connecting through an HDMI so I will still need a splitter. found a 5 port for £3.99 on ebay we shall see if its any good & I will report back when I get it.
    Thanks again, Andy

Add the FVP-4000T device to your Harmony it works just fine with the FVP-5000T. You can change the Humax mode in the MyHumax app by just using the modified remote control power button to change the code set.

| Tue 5 Dec 2017 14:49:34 #344 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

andysue - 18 minutes ago  » 

From one of Barry's earlier posts:

Barry - 2 months ago  » 

Luke - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Barry, am I correct in thinking that the FVP-4000T wifi was only 2.4ghz? One of the on-line 'reviews' today claimed that the FVP-5000T was also 5ghz.

With thanks to Humax Towers Technical Manager for prompt response to my query:
    Luke,
    4000T/5000T has IEEE 802.11b/g/n dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz support.

| Tue 5 Dec 2017 14:54:46 #345 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

andysue - 1 hour ago  » 
    (why dont they put these instructions in the manual?)(are there any other hidden gems)

I suggest you read the FAQ section of the Forum.

| Tue 5 Dec 2017 16:14:12 #346 |
  7. andysue

andysue

Add the FVP-4000T device to your Harmony it works just fine with the FVP-5000T. You can change the Humax mode in the MyHumax app by just using the modified remote control power button to change the code set.

Ahah Thankyou, took me a little time where to find it but have done it.So clever this Harmony (only just bought it)should have had one years ago.
    P.S.
    It does list the 5000T now when you set it up.
    Am getting there thanks all.

| Tue 5 Dec 2017 17:15:54 #347 |
  8. andysue

andysue

Well I received the 5 port hub today (only ordered it Monday). The remote works from about a foot away so that is useless. Learned the remote into the Harmony & it works ok from where I sit. So now I can record up to 8 programes if I want including freeview & freesat. Does get a bit complicated though. Her indoors is already confused! oh well perhaps I should buy her a Harmony, shell probably think it is hairspray!
    If any one wants a cheap 5 port HDMI you can get it here :-
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263348873628
    It came with a power lead as well which it doesnt show & you dont need it. Now back to see if the 5000T works properly.

| Wed 6 Dec 2017 14:26:44 #348 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

andysue - 19 hours ago  » 
    Well I received the 5 port hub today (only ordered it Monday). The remote works from about a foot away so that is useless. Learned the remote into the Harmony & it works ok from where I sit. So now I can record up to 8 programes if I want including freeview & freesat. Does get a bit complicated though. Her indoors is already confused! oh well perhaps I should buy her a Harmony, shell probably think it is hairspray!
    It came with a power lead as well which it doesnt show & you dont need it. Now back to see if the 5000T works properly.

I purchased a Harmony a few years ago but I sent it back after the wife threatened to beat me around the head with it. She was completely bamboozled by the complexity, and I have to admit I thought she was right. We now have six separate remotes clearly marked up and 'harmony' has been restored.

| Thu 7 Dec 2017 10:39:05 #349 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 14 minutes ago  » 

andysue - 19 hours ago  » 

I purchased a Harmony a few years ago but I sent it back after the wife threatened to beat me around the head with it. She was completely bamboozled by the complexity, and I have to admit I thought she was right. We now have six separate remotes clearly marked up and 'harmony' has been restored.

The whole point is that they make a complex set up easy to use.

To turn on my system from scratch to say watch my HDR-1000S you have to

1 Turn on the 1000S
    2 Turn on My TV
    3 Select the correct HDMI input
    4 Turn on my amplifier
    5 Select the 1000S HDMI input.

Better half only has to press one button on my Harmony remote

Watch 1000S

If she wants to watch say a recording on my FVP-5000T while watching the 1000S. She presses a button marked watch FVP-5000T.

This puts the 1000S in sby and selects the appropriate input on the amplifier. No change on TV as a single HDMI cable connects all the kit in my kit rack.

| Thu 7 Dec 2017 11:00:36 #350 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.