My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New software: temporary loss of channels - a bug?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

This temporary loss of channels has now happened twice.

1. Bring it out of standby and only the BBC HD mux channels are available. The EPG only shows the BBC HD mux channels. But ITV4 was being recorded at the time! Go to Recordings, choose the ITV4 recorded programme, choose Watch live ... and I can see the programme. The rest of the channels are now also available and all is back to normal.

2. I was watching a recorded programme which stopped. I can only see the BBC HD mux channels and the EPG shows only the BBC mux channels. This time a BBC1 and a ITV programme in the BBC HD mux are being recorded. I key in 10 from the remote control keys to go to ITV3, or 24 to go to ITV4, and the channels are not there. Try changing channels using the UP/DOWN arrows on the box itself and I only have the BBC HD mux channels. Cannot check further as I don't want to lose the recordings so will have to wait till they finish recording.

Very strange!

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 21:46:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I only have 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 and 106.

If I left-arrow while watching and use up/down to change channel I just circulate through 101 > 106 > 101 etc.

I'm on Mendip main.

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 22:01:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sounds familiar.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/guide-defaults-to-hd-channels

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 22:35:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Luke

Thanks. It has never happened to me before so I was very surprised. Before reading your post I tried going into standby and power OFF/ON. They didn't fix it but Restoring factory default did.

I didn't have any Favourite groups set but I see there is a group of just HDTV. I guess that is what was being forced.

Does it just happen at random?

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 23:07:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Got it!

I had the timer set to BBC1 HD for 15 min each morning so as to keep the EPG populated. I see that when I set the timer I am offered programmes in the default Humax Favourites lists, and BBC 1 is in the HDTV list.

So, when the timer works, it puts the box into the HDTV Favourites list.

My solution was to create a new favourites list with all my programmes and to use that list when I set BBC1 HD in the timer. Hence the box gets set to see all channels.

| Sun 26 Jul 2020 23:17:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Or just do it the easy way and after setting the on time, in "channel" select TV and then scroll through the list until you reach BBC1 HD, press OK etc and you are done.
    Box will then start up each time on BBC1 HD and all channels will be present in the EPG.

| Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:47:04 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.