My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New Software update

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

Dose downloading beta software effect the warrantee if things go wrong?

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 22:23:37 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bargain Dave - 41 minutes ago  » 

Generally speaking you will only get access to beta software if you are a beta tester. Software from the Humax beta site is not what I would regard as beta software. If you look most of the software is labelled "Official Release". If it is that software you are talking about, I think it is highly unlikely that it would affect a warranty claim.

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 23:09:24 #22 |
  3. bob_dvb

bob_dvb

Humax

Humax never releases software that it knows might risk a consumers unit, all software gets released after testing. The beta site was created to allow us to release software as soon as it finished internal testing but before it was available via OAD. You will note that the Humax website often links to the Beta site for the file downloads because it is faster downloading from the Google CDN than downloading from the Humax website.

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 11:29:50 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

Martin Liddle - 22 hours ago  » 

Bargain Dave - 41 minutes ago  » 

Generally speaking you will only get access to beta software if you are a beta tester. Software from the Humax beta site is not what I would regard as beta software. If you look most of the software is labelled "Official Release". If it is that software you are talking about, I think it is highly unlikely that it would affect a warranty claim.

The latest update ( that cures the first recording) is only available is on the beta page of Humax web site, marked beta , but available to all. As I not a beta tester but could down load it.
    I have not installed on my box yet as I after paying nearly £300 do not wish void my warritee if things go wrong

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 21:20:00 #24 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You won't void your warranty by uploadng the 'beta' version.

| Fri 8 Feb 2013 10:28:28 #25 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.