My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New Software version 3.00.44

(24 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A phased roll out to the HDR 1000/1010/1100S began today, and should be completed by the end of next week.

Release Note:

• Live restart for BBC iPlayer : to use HLS profile and live restart feature on iPlayer.

• Freesat rebranding : From <Freetime> to ‘Freesat’ with new logo.

HB1000S version is still under test.

| Thu 28 Jul 2016 15:56:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

weshanna

My 1000T has just been updated to new software. I am assuming that it is this new version (3.00.44). I say that I am assuming this, because, so far, I have not been been able to find a way to access "Settings", where, presumably, I would be able to find this information. The icon for "Settings" is no longer in the home page, either on my machine or on the Facebook announcement of it, so how do I now access "Settings"? Surely this is one of the most important things that I should be able to do!

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 6:58:15 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

The 1000T is not the same as the unit this thread refers to.

The UI is similar to our FVP 4000T and ours recently had an update that moved the settings icon to top right of home menu, so try for it there.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 7:09:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

weshanna

Many thanks for the quick response. Top right hand corner is exactly where the icon is. I certainly wasn't looking for it so far away from all the other icons.

Thanks again.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 7:24:36 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It confused a few in the UK when we received the update to our FVP 4000T

Thank you for the feedback.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 7:30:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Hmm! like all companies they feel able to spend time and money on corporate logo's and rebranding but not putting right long standing glitches. Funny that, or is it me just being cynical?

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 11:08:17 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Hmm! like all companies they feel able to spend time and money on corporate logo's and rebranding but not putting right long standing glitches. Funny that, or is it me just being cynical?

Which company are you referring to ? Humax aren't responsible for Freesat branding, but clearly are the company that has to fix problems.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 11:15:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 5 minutes ago  » 

Which company are you referring to ? Humax aren't responsible for Freesat branding, but clearly are the company that has to fix problems.

Well to provide just one example whose responsible for this retuning fiasco that's wiped lots of peoples freeview boxes in order to accommodate the flaming Olympics and in doing so many people have missed recording their favourite programmes?

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:06:51 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 37 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 5 minutes ago  » 

Well to provide just one example whose responsible for this retuning fiasco that's wiped lots of peoples freeview boxes in order to accommodate the flaming Olympics and in doing so many people have missed recording their favourite programmes?

Funny how you have completely switched the argument. I was referring to your post re spending money on corporate logos and rebranding, pretty clearly this has nothing to do with what you are now posting.

Incidentally this thread is about Freetime boxes and they do not lose the recording schedule when the channel line up changes. So basically your post is completely off topic here.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:46:16 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

A brief browse thru the online Freesat pages shows that they appear to have dropped any reference to "freetime" (other than the page links are still so named). It's now called the Freesat Smart TV Guide. So clearly this re-branding is being driven by Freesat, with Humax under orders.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 15:36:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.