My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New Software version 3.00.44

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I notice Sky Movies is now called Sky Cinema. I most be getting old but I simply don't see the what these organisations get out of the seemingly endless rebranding, who cares?

Over the last fifteen years or so the NHS has quite literally wasted millions and millions of pounds of taxpayers money on rebrands. Every time they have a rebrand tons and tons of headed notepaper gets shredded and new stuff printed - what a waste.

Are they still making the 'grumpy old men' series?

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 16:22:34 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » ...Are they still making the 'grumpy old men' series?

If they do you should audition. You're the star in waiting

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 17:59:28 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

Nice one

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 19:53:40 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 4 hours ago  » 

I hate waste - especially wasting taxpayers money that could be used to treat sick people. Mind you I would love to do 'Grumpy old men' - who wouldn't. I reckon you and Graham could join me, though I'm not sure I would like such strong competition.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 22:42:56 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nicky35

Hi I've got the 1100S I think we've got the new software update but now on demand services don't work at all. We used it last night and it was fine but this morning nothing. It's connected to the internet, we've done a factory reset, rebooted the internet, turned it of at the wall and then replugged in and nothing. We just get a message saying either on demand will be ready in less than 1 minute which it then never is or it says it's not available...

Any advice welcome.

Just seen this thread has gone in a different direction so will post a new thread as well thanks!

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 10:14:54 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

entdgc

I note the problem of wrong aspect ratio when playing movies from a media share is not fixed. Ah well at least we have a pretty new logo to look at!

Dave

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 20:26:25 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

I have been in email contact with Humax Customer Support. Last contact from them was on 26th July.
    I have answered all their questions and given them as much info as I was able. I even gave them screen shots of a video showing the correct aspect ratio with an earlier software version and the same screen shot proving the wrong ratio with version 3.00.31. Yes, version 3.00.44 also does not fix the prob.

They say they will get back to me once they receive more information from the further tech team.

Watch this space.!

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 16:18:08 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rkl

entdgc - 4 days ago  » 
    I note the problem of wrong aspect ratio when playing movies from a media share is not fixed.

I think this is now the #1 most annoying bug on my HDR 1000S - some mkv's I play back (mostly TV shows) are OK, though I had trouble with Stranger Things recently.

Virtually *all* movies played from a media source now fail to play in the correct AR, no matter what settings I try in Settings -> Picture & Sound. Since I tend to record less and less over the air nowadays (the best stuff tends to be US TV shows and movies), this issue of bad AR on video playblack from USB or DLNA is getting more and more critical over time. I hope Hovis54's efforts to show Humax the error of their ways on this subject bears some fruit!

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 12:32:41 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

Roll back to UKFSAA 2.02.07 Software Update. (19 NOV 2014)

If you don't have it, and finding 2.02.07 is hard to find, I have dropped it into my Rapidgator.net library.

HDR1000s UKFSAA 2.02.07

To the best of my knowledge, this is the only solution for those with the ratio problem at the present time.

Once uploaded, you need to stop the box it doing its automatic update. As long as the box is powered ON, the update will not happen but if left in standby, it will update. Alternatively, just pull the power on it when not in use.

ps. Check the setting for power saver to stop it going into standby after a set time.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 14:58:14 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

After a lot of emails between Humax and myself, I have finally had this response today.

"Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.

Our team have found that you are correct and will be passing this on to our development team to have this resolved in the next software update.

Unfortunately there is no date for the software to be released at this moment in time but it is going to be resolved for you."

Current version: UKSFAA 3.00.44

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 14:35:42 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.