My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New Software version 3.00.44

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

Regarding the aspect Ratio problem on my HDR-1000s, see
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1000s-software-uksfaa-30020-and-31-problem

I have chased Humax many times on this topic and finally they have come clean and said
    "Unfortunately the next update which is due in May is not going to have this fix included and it is not clear on whether this will be included in future updates."

It's so frustrating as it was their developers who cocked it up in the first place but I too doubt that they will ever fix it.

I certainly won't be getting another Humax box in the future but what I did do however was, I bought a Google Chromecast and use "Plex" as the media server on my PC and drive it via a Plex App on my mobile and tablet. Interestingly enough, this gives (and I don't know why) improved video quality over the Humax device.

Even using the Humax box to talk to Plex as a DLNA server still cocks up the aspect ratio so I don't bother with that.

Anyhow, Humax position is sod their customer base as all they want to do is concentrate on their newer boxes.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 18:09:51 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Posting the above once is enough, no need to post same in numerous threads, all other posts will be deleted shortly.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 18:14:45 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

Barry - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Posting the above once is enough, no need to post same in numerous threads, all other posts will be deleted shortly.

OK. Sorry. Got angry with Humax.

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 18:25:28 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

entdgc

Hovis

I am feel your anger too! I can go down the Plex route but my wife is only happy using the Humax direct. It is so annoying that developers screw up software then cant be bothered to fix their own mistake and even force you to update to the screwed software and stop you downgrading to software that does work!
    </rant off>

Dave

| Fri 21 Apr 2017 20:32:22 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.