aciddad

special member

Thanks, Barry.

David.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 11:40:12 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have now successfully 'upgraded' my 4000 to a 5000.

I like the newer interface and there is finally a use for one of the coloured buttons - blue

Seems to be working without issue and I quite like the list view of the recordings. Its a shame that if you have it on grid view you cannot see much of the title due to lots of programmes having 'New' at the beginning of the name which I find infuriating. I think this is due to the column on the left of the screen being wider than before. Why can't they just put 'R' for repeat in the description of programmes that have already been broadcast?

Anyway, not often you get a free upgrade so I don't feel so bad about the 5000 being released so quickly after the 4000 now

I expect this loophole will be blocked when the real 5000 gets its next upgrade....

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 19:07:13 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Harters - 20 hours ago  » 
    I have now successfully 'upgraded' my 4000 to a 5000.
    I like the newer interface and there is finally a use for one of the coloured buttons - blue
    Seems to be working without issue and I quite like the list view of the recordings. Its a shame that if you have it on grid view you cannot see much of the title due to lots of programmes having 'New' at the beginning of the name which I find infuriating. I think this is due to the column on the left of the screen being wider than before. Why can't they just put 'R' for repeat in the description of programmes that have already been broadcast?
    Anyway, not often you get a free upgrade so I don't feel so bad about the 5000 being released so quickly after the 4000 now
    I expect this loophole will be blocked when the real 5000 gets its next upgrade....

Sounds good - think I will join the "5000" club and update my 4000 next wweek.
    I've tried talking to customer services but they wont commmit to issuing any further software updates for the 4000T - unless Barry has heard anything differnt ?

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 15:24:36 #63 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I am aware of what is planned for the 4000T, but have been asked not to comment publically for the time being sorry...read into that what you will

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 16:18:59 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Barry - 16 hours ago  » 
    I am aware of what is planned for the 4000T, but have been asked not to comment publically for the time being sorry...read into that what you will

My guess would be that they are bringing out a mochachino colour

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 9:09:18 #65 |
  6. Paul_D

Paul_D

After reading others comments - I took the step of updating the software on my 4000 to the 5000's v1.03.37.

It certainly seems to be more slick and appears to be quicker.

My biggest gripe of using the OK button button to get programme info and then the hassle of getting back to the programme I was watching has now gone.

If Humax abandon the 4000, then at least I will be content. If Humax continue to support the 4000, then maybe I've locked myself out of future updates - who knows.

At any rate, I am pleased with the updated interface.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 14:39:18 #66 |
  7. aciddad

aciddad

special member

I've just had a reply from Humax customer services. I asked about the 4000T getting the same update as the 5000T.

"This is something we have been looking at and we're currently working out the logistics but I can confirm we definitely continue to support the FVP-4000T and will be releasing further updates in the future, though at this time we're not sure if it will be 5000T SW or an edited version for the 4000T.

As we have not thoroughly tested the 4000T SW on the 5000T we are unable to confirm that it can be applied without any repercussions."

David

| Mon 29 Jan 2018 15:39:48 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

aciddad - 3 hours ago  » 
    ... though at this time we're not sure if it will be 5000T SW or an edited version for the 4000T.

As we have not thoroughly tested the 4000T SW on the 5000T we are unable to confirm that it can be applied without any repercussions."

I wonder what would need to be edited as it's working like a charm on my 4000

| Mon 29 Jan 2018 19:18:11 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

scgf

I've just upgraded my FVP-4000T too The UI is more polished than before and as others have said, everything works - and it's faster. Thanks for the heads up!

| Mon 29 Jan 2018 22:11:15 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

scgf

Wow - so much better than the FVP-4000T software. Two stand-out features for me. I can press the Recordings button and up pops my list of recordings. Previously I had to hit the Recordings button several times for it to have any effect if I had recently switched the box on from stand-by. Pretty slow at other times too. Then the recordings list - much nicer than the grid. The font is better too - just look at the schedule list! No enormous font now. As I said before, much more polished and way less clunky.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 10:39:39 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.