My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New User First Impressions

(46 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Up and running now Graham - what a great picture with very crisp menus. The remote angle of reception is good - a great improvment over the Foxsat.

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 15:03:50 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

andygittings

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    Copying a file from usb
    Home/Humax/Video
    USB1 find your files and press red to select one or more, green to select all (both are toggles). Press blue to initiate copy. It looks as if you can copy from one usb to another if you have more than 1 connected (not tried this though )

Thanks Graham, looks like it does all of what I need - so any enhancements will be a bonus.

Andy

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 16:15:00 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just realised something that I did without even giving it a thought is in fact quite significant

I was able to delete a file on a USB attached NTFS drive. Ergo it will read and write to NTFS

afaik the very first Humax pvr (without modified firmware) to both read and write to NTFS. Hopefully this bodes well for future export capability (no more messing with EXT3 ).

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 18:24:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Hi Guys,

2 quick questions:

1) Do all the boxes come with the CI slot uncovered as I would have expected a dust cover but mine came without?

2) I know you can copy from a USB to the internal HDD but can you move TV recordings from the internal to a USB?

Cheers Mandlebrot

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 10:35:52 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mandlebrot - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Guys,
    2 quick questions:
    1) Do all the boxes come with the CI slot uncovered as I would have expected a dust cover but mine came without?
    2) I know you can copy from a USB to the internal HDD but can you move TV recordings from the internal to a USB?
    Cheers Mandlebrot

No cover on mine

No export of any description yet, there's a question in the Questions/Queries thread about usb. Barry hasn't been able to answer it yet. Recommend you read the thread it will answer a lot of questions

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/questionsqueries

Also see

http://myhumax.org/forum/forum/freesat-g2-hdr-1000s

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 11:32:10 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just had another happy experience. While watching a channel I pressed the record button. I got a recording from the beginning of the programme - Cool or what

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 11:33:47 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

Any body else using the 1000s in Northern Ireland ?

Overall very pleased with my new toy but have noticed 3 niggles, 2 of which I suspect are regional.

1. during initial set-up the box detects my 2 sattelite connections and confirms the signal strength and quality are excellent. However, when I subsequently check the signal via the settings menu it only shows 1 of my connections as having a signal, the other shows non at all. I have conducted a factory reset and got exactly the same results. Is this a glitch unique to me or is anybody else seeing this ?

2. ITV HD is not listed in the EPG, probably due to the Northern Ireland region and my postcode, I think Scotland may be in the same boat ?

3. Only iPlayer - no ITV Player. Issue may be related to (2.) above.

If anybody else can confirm same I'd like to know - just for peace of mind that it's all probably "coming soon" and not a fault of my box.

Otherwise everything is good !

Regards

John

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 13:36:05 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just checked mine and like yours only 1 tuner indicates signal. Deffo working with 2 tuners though

At a guess you are correct about postcode. Try an English one and use customise channels to correct 101 and 102 to the regional variants you want. If you want a better class of box look up the postcode for Buck Palace or 10 Downing Street Should also get you Radio London usefull if you are a footie fan.

ITV player is on my box by the way

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 13:51:53 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Mine showed two tunders - I was recording something at the time - perhaps it only shows active tuners?

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 13:59:46 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 23 hours ago  » 
    Up and running now Graham - what a great picture with very crisp menus. The remote angle of reception is good - a great improvment over the Foxsat.

Just tried an experiment, large black leather armchair about 2ft from box. Pointed remote at back of chair about 6inches from chair so the box is completely screened. It still works, it must output quite a bit of ir power

It works which ever way I point it in the room as well.

EDIT Also works with your hand about 1" in front of the remote as well, do you think it will burn off paint

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 14:51:49 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.