My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New User First Impressions

(46 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

grahamlthompson - 21 hours ago  » 
    Just checked mine and like yours only 1 tuner indicates signal. Deffo working with 2 tuners though
    At a guess you are correct about postcode. Try an English one and use customise channels to correct 101 and 102 to the regional variants you want. If you want a better class of box look up the postcode for Buck Palace or 10 Downing Street Should also get you Radio London usefull if you are a footie fan.
    ITV player is on my box by the way

Thanks - followed your advice about tweeking the region by postcode. Now I have ITV ~HD and ITV Player Also was able to swap BBC1 London and BBC2 for BBC1NI and BBC2 NI which is great. Only remaining issue is that Ch103 ITV cannot be changed as the option for regional channel swapping only appears for the BBC channels. Also UTV does not have its own Channel No, so looks like will just have to do without for now.

Still have the issue of 1 tuner appearing to be active.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 11:17:37 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gambcl

Mine also only shows signal on 1 tuner now, but when it was setting up initially it definitely showed good signal on both tuners.

I setup a recording last night and it didn't seem to record anything. I may have goofed somewhere so I'll keep testing this.

Also, choosing 1080p gets me a black screen with audio. I have to restart box and hope that it reverts back to 1080i and I get my picture back. My TV fully supports 1080p, so I don't know what happened there.

I thought my box was faulty, so I bought a replacement unit from John Lewis (Bluewater) yesterday and it has the same problem with showing the missing signal on one of the tuners. Hopefully this is just a software issue.

Overall though, I like the box, it looks good and is very quiet, and the menus are much more responsive than the previous glacial HDR. Lets hope for some rapid software updates to sort out the glitches.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 11:24:17 #22 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I get the impression that it only shows signal on an active tuner.
    Start a recording change channels and look again - you may have to try a few channels to make sure it has to use another tuner.

1080p works find with my TV (Philips) - Very good picture as well.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 12:01:09 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    I get the impression that it only shows signal on an active tuner.
    Start a recording change channels and look again - you may have to try a few channels to make sure it has to use another tuner.
    1080p works find with my TV (Philips) - Very good picture as well.

That works, recording BBC1-HD and ITV1-HD both tuners now indicate signal. 1080p is fine with my Sony TV as well

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 13:22:54 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

For those in the NI region and miffed at the absence of Freesat channels for ITV & UTV HD, here is some welcome news . . .

http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/utv-hd-to-launch-on-freesat-in-q1-2013/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+joinfreesat+%28Join+Freesat%29

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 13:52:45 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gambcl

I'm not too bothered about the signal indicators as long as the box works, but I've now had 2 scheduled recordings that never happened. I noticed the the Standby Mode was set to Power Save,
    so I've just tried changing it to Normal to see if it makes a difference. I notice that there is now a clock showing on the front display when the box is in standby, which wasn't there before.

Really, really wanting to like this box.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 20:41:56 #26 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

gambcl - 29 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not too bothered about the signal indicators as long as the box works, but I've now had 2 scheduled recordings that never happened. I noticed the the Standby Mode was set to Power Save,
    Hope it was not CH4 !!
    No problems here at all - do you have good signal strength to the freesat transponder?

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 21:15:10 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gambcl - 35 minutes ago  » 
    so I've just tried changing it to Normal to see if it makes a difference. I notice that there is now a clock showing on the front display when the box is in standby, which wasn't there before.
    Really, really wanting to like this box.

That's normal, power saving when enabled saves every possible watt including the clock display to get the sby power to just 0.5W.

If you post which channel and which progamme failed and how you set them we might have a clue what went wrong )

So far not a single recording failure.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 21:23:50 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

gambcl

I tried to record Strictly Come Dancing (for the misses honest on BBC One HD.
    I get a good signal on Freesat, and never had problems with my previous Humax HDR box.

I browsed the Guide, clicked on the show and then selected Record, then Record All Series.
    I could see entries appear in the Planned section of Recordings, but it just never actually recorded them. It missed the main show on Sat, and the results show on Sun.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm going to try a few more now that I've changed the Standby Power setting.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 22:14:31 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gambcl - 34 minutes ago  » 
    I tried to record Strictly Come Dancing (for the misses honest on BBC One HD.
    I get a good signal on Freesat, and never had problems with my previous Humax HDR box.
    I browsed the Guide, clicked on the show and then selected Record, then Record All Series.
    I could see entries appear in the Planned section of Recordings, but it just never actually recorded them. It missed the main show on Sat, and the results show on Sun.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I'm going to try a few more now that I've changed the Standby Power setting.

Both recorded fine on my box. The sby setting is not relevant (All it does is save you money ) Sounds like you did it correctly, is next weeks episodes now in your recording schedule. You should find this weeks in a folder and clicking on ir should now show both recordings,

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 22:57:48 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.