My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New User First Impressions

(46 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 13 minutes ago  » 

gambcl - 34 minutes ago  » 
    I tried to record Strictly Come Dancing (for the misses honest on BBC One HD.
    I get a good signal on Freesat, and never had problems with my previous Humax HDR box.
    I browsed the Guide, clicked on the show and then selected Record, then Record All Series.
    I could see entries appear in the Planned section of Recordings, but it just never actually recorded them. It missed the main show on Sat, and the results show on Sun.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I'm going to try a few more now that I've changed the Standby Power setting.

Both recorded fine on my box. The sby setting is not relevant (All it does is save you money ) Sounds like you did it correctly, is next weeks episodes now in your recording schedule. You should find this weeks in a folder and clicking on ir should now show both recordings,

SWMBO recording was also fine (thankfully).

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 23:12:11 #31 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 3 days ago  » 

andygittings - 20 minutes ago  » 
    ...oh and I know you're still just getting set up (so no rush!) but they haven't hidden an FTP server in there (like the HDR-FOX_T2) have they?

No export capability at all yet, see the questions/queries thread.

Is it time for a cable mod?

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 16:47:49 #32 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

son_t - 40 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 days ago  » 

andygittings - 20 minutes ago  » 
    ...oh and I know you're still just getting set up (so no rush!) but they haven't hidden an FTP server in there (like the HDR-FOX_T2) have they?

No export capability at all yet, see the questions/queries thread.

Is it time for a cable mod?

Are you offering ?

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 17:28:53 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If Foxsat-hdr users are interested to see the HD version of iplayer in action from the catch up epg download this short demo zip file

https://www.adrive.com/public/r3vbHQ/HDiplayer.zip

Copy the 3 files to a usb stick and connect to your Foxsat front port. When the usb message comes up. Press Media Red Right to select usb1. Click OK to open usb drive and play back in usual way

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 10:56:33 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    If Foxsat-hdr users are interested to see the HD version of iplayer in action from the catch up epg download this short demo zip file
    Copy the 3 files to a usb stick and connect to your Foxsat front port. When the usb message comes up. Press Media Red Right to select usb1. Click OK to open usb drive and play back in usual way

Forgot to select HD will do another one.

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 12:02:59 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 56 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Forgot to select HD will do another one.

New version now uploaded

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 12:59:58 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaximus

So Graham, if you attempt to watch a previous program from the EPG even if its from BBC HD, you still have to separately select HD in the BBC player? Hmm. That's strange because you don't have to do that with the Humax YouView unit. If you go back in the EPG (catch up) and select a program that was originally shown on a HD channel such as BBC HD, its automatically played back in the player in HD. You don't have to separately select it from the bottom icon in the player if it was originally shown in HD.

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 14:01:24 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Humaximus - 19 minutes ago  » 
    So Graham, if you attempt to watch a previous program from the EPG even if its from BBC HD, you still have to separately select HD in the BBC player? Hmm. That's strange because you don't have to do that with the Humax YouView unit. If you go back in the EPG (catch up) and select a program that was originally shown on a HD channel such as BBC HD, its automatically played back in the player in HD. You don't have to separately select it from the bottom icon in the player if it was originally shown in HD.

Yes, so far not found a way to select HD by default

Unless you or anyone else knows how ? No experience of using the Youview unit.

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 14:22:15 #38 |
  9. chrisund123

chrisund123

I think the option to choose the definition is a good thing, anyone on Virgin Media who watches much HD from the iPlayer risks running foul of their traffic management!

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 16:23:43 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RonBowater

Hi all ... received my 1000S for a second TV in the house to supplement the FoxSat HDR which we've had for a couple of years. I'm very pleased with the function and user interface of the 1000S. However, I do have a couple of issues:

1) How on earth do you get a signal strength/quality display ? If I go into the settings menu all I get is the ability to edit channel lists ! I've pressed every button on the remote (I think) but the only signal strength display was the one I got at installation time.

2) When I play something in the past using iPlayer, it seems that the playback starts almost immediately with almost nothing in the buffer so I get a lot of stalling. This is different to iPlayer from Red Button on the FoxSat where it seems to waity a while before playing. I am on an ADSL connection of about 3 Mb/s downstream bandwidth. A workaround to this seems to be to press pause immediately to let the buffer fill up before pressing play. Is there any control over the buffer size etc ?

Thanks
    Ron

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 22:20:51 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.