My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Newbie problems or bugs?

(54 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 42 minutes ago  » 

Reffub - 15 minutes ago  » 

When you understand the limitation between the highest possible frequency and the possible bandwidth you may understand what you state is simply not possible with our current understanding without the highest frequency of Electromagnetic radiation we know about (Light itself) and the capability to handle this sort of frequency directly without having to downshift the frequency to the sort of frequencies (Like a LNB downshifts microwave frequencies, to those that can be coped with a coax cable) even the latest technology has no chance of your expectations.

Not wanting to get into a 'Science Off' with Graham but obviously we do know about higher frequencies than light and I thought this might interest others.
    NASA will be testing x-ray communication technology in space with the potential to transmit Gigabits per second using very little power, it even has the capacity to penetrate radio-frequency shielding on the ground.
    The technology is part of NavCube and should be on International Space Station in 2018.
    https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/nasa-s-navcube-could-support-an-x-ray-communications-demonstration-in-space-a-nasa-first
    BTW I don't see a problem with a little off topic conversation, it makes the forum more interesting.

Pretty pedestrian speed
    https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/192929-255tbps-worlds-fastest-network-could-carry-all-the-internet-traffic-single-fiber

Yep that's fast, here in the sticks we have just got 4G mobile broadband (using our outside antenna) and I'm well impressed with that, we actually get what I'd call a decent speed, up to 50 megabits per second. (3G was terrible)

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 12:16:57 #51 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reffub - 1 minute ago  » 
    Yep that's fast, here in the sticks we have just got 4G mobile broadband (using our outside antenna) and I'm well impressed with that, we actually get what I'd call a decent speed, up to 50 megabits per second. (3G was terrible)

Bet that's pretty expensive compared to the underground stuff

I wouldn't want to be using that for Netflix or Amazon Prime.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 12:19:12 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

I'm sure it is, but it was cheaper than the other rural alternatives at the time. There is another local wireless alternatives which has recently upgraded and it's better value but I'm not sure we can get it.

Your right totally useless for streaming.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 12:49:34 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Interesting link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38756577

| Thu 26 Jan 2017 16:31:53 #54 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.