My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

No live TV. Restart fixes it.

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kenneedshelp

My Humax Aura is all up to date but every now and again live TV is not working, just a blank screen. All other functionality is fine. Recordings Apps and even the guide work ok.
    I choose apps/settings/device preferences/about/restart and the box reboots and live TV is back.
    Is this a known fault?

| Tue 23 Nov 2021 23:26:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I don't know about the Aura, but my 5000T does that occasionally and going back to standby and on again sorts it.

| Tue 23 Nov 2021 23:53:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kenneedshelp

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try that next time it happens and post results here. Much easier than a reboot if it works. Other than this problem, the box is really far better than I expected.

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 0:43:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Kenneedshelp - 12 hours ago  » 
    My Humax Aura is all up to date but every now and again live TV is not working, just a blank screen. All other functionality is fine. Recordings Apps and even the guide work ok.
    Is this a known fault?

I think it is a known issue. I am relatively new to the Aura and have seen it once. When it happened I watched something via iPlayer and when that finished Live TV was working again. It is the sort of glitch that I hope Humax will fix in due course.

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 11:44:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kenneedshelp

Thanks for your input Martin. I was considering sending the box back as faulty but it is such a great machine in every way that I will now keep it and hope for an update to solve this minor problem.

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 23:09:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kenneedshelp

My Humax Aura has just failed to display live TV again after returning from YouTube app. Turning box off then back on didn't clear fault. Had to do reset again then all working fine. This has got to be a software bug surely?
    The box was recording at the time too. When reset completed, the recording restarted.

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 20:33:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kenneedshelp

Well, the no live TV bug yet again this morning after returning from watching a recording. Reset cleared the fault but it is irritating to have to do this. I am still wondering if it is a faulty box.
    One other fault is when pausing a Youtube video, on continuing, the sound is OK but video stays frozen. This also is not all the time and can be cleared by rewinding video before freeze point and playing it
    again.
    The box in every other way is awesome and even with these two problems it is still a fantastic buy.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 13:19:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Kenneedshelp - 41 mins ago  » 
    ...One other fault is when pausing a Youtube video, on continuing, the sound is OK but video stays frozen. This also is not all the time and can be cleared by rewinding video before freeze point and playing it
    again.
    The box in every other way is awesome and even with these two problems it is still a fantastic buy.

I have not experienced the black screen yet, but I do get the issue you describe above, also on Plex as well. I usually find that a bief pause is OK, but if its longer than a couple of minutes I get the issue.

Also, have to agreee it is an amazing box, just the odd tiny issue as above.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 14:02:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kenneedshelp

Thank you Harters. When a fault is reported by other users, I can rule out a faulty box. I am hoping others will report having the same "no live TV" bug. I will then be happy to wait for a firmware update. Until then, I will continue to post the fault here.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 14:32:35 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.