My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No signal on one tuner

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spaj

Hello, I've had a hdr1000s for over a year with no problems. In the last week HD channels have been pixelating. Yesterday I checked the signal and there was nothing on tuner 2, tuner 1 was good. I swapped the plugs around and it then showed no signal on tuner 1, I took the connector off the cable with no signal and when I reconnected it it showed signal for about 5 seconds before going back to 'no signal'. I'd be grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 11:16:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

At a guess it's a lnb/coax cabling issue. Due to the forward error correction and modulation (8PSK) now used on HD the signal is a little less robust than SD. ITV HD is the one that is likely to go first (FEC 3/4 rather than 2/3). Could be water in the coax cables, dish moved or lnb on it's way out. Welcome to our forum.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 11:53:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spaj

Thanks. The dish is exposed and has had a weather battering recently, but has been there for years. Is it possible to replace the lob myself, or is it a professional job?

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 12:01:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spaj

*lnb

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 12:02:33 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Spaj - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks. The dish is exposed and has had a weather battering recently, but has been there for years. Is it possible to replace the lob myself, or is it a professional job?

Simple job provided the dish is accessible, not so simple on a roof or chimney stack. I guess it's a Sky dish so you may need a legacy adaptor for a new lnb. Check the cabling for any signs of water ingress. It's possible to get water in your satellite box especially if it has air spaced dialectric. Use silicone grease to water protect the connections. Loads of lnb's for sky dishes on e-bay. Ideally change the coax downleads to Webro WF100 (Coax exposed to the sun deteriorates and can crack letting in water).

Google how to fit a f connector.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 12:36:44 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.