My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

No signal on TV on startup

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Hello, been stalking a little while but need some help whilst I wait for Humax support to reply.

The issue that I'm having is when I resume the box after powering off I get a no signal on my TV. If I switch off the Aura and back on again it works.

I've tried the TV on first with no joy.
    I've tried cec on, with no joy.
    I've tried no cec, with no joy.
    I've switched the resolutions to 4k from auto with no joy.
    I've switch cec on my TV, on and off with the same results.
    I've also rebooted the box with no avail.

This happens most the time, but the odd times it does come straight on with no issue.

Anything I'm missing?

The box is upto date.

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 21:08:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What do you mean by no signal ? Are you meaning the TV's own Freeview-Tuner says no signal or the HDMI port that the aura is connected to when you select that using the TV remote says no signal.

If the former and you have used the box rf out to connect the TV tuner. None of the options you have changed have any effect.

How long did you wait after pushing the remote power button ?

Boot from low power sby can take several minutes.

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 22:23:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Sorry, new to this.

I'm talking about the hdmi the Aura is connected to.

I probably haven't waited long, but if I press off and back on after the TV shows no signal (roughly 10 to 15 seconds) the box comes to life.

Do you think I need to wait a bit longer?

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 22:48:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 16 mins ago  » 
    Sorry, new to this.
    I'm talking about the hdmi the Aura is connected to.
    I probably haven't waited long, but if I press off and back on after the TV shows no signal (roughly 10 to 15 seconds) the box comes to life.
    Do you think I need to wait a bit longer?

After a short while you should see the Humax logo on screen. If the room is very quiet and you get close to the box you should hear a click presumably a relay closing.

Try this tomorrow morning. The box will still show a red led even in full sby.

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 23:08:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

OK I'll give I a while longer in the morning.

However I am turning it back on after maybe 5 minutes to test and it still does it. But might have to wait again.

Fingers crossed

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 23:28:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Have you tried a different cable? Not all HDMI cables are created equally...

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 8:37:40 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I did a test for you this morning. I watched the TV with right HDMI input as I pressed the power button.

A few seconds after pressing the power button. Within a second or so a Humax logo appears on the screen and then disappears.

Shortly after I saw the android loading animation.

I left the room to make a cup of tea and returned 5 mins later. TV was still saying no signal.

LED was red just as it is in full sby.

Because of the extended time, the penny dropped the box had booted into active sby.

A single push of the power button brought up the Android Home screen with the live TV app highlighted. A press of OK brought back live tV.

In the past the box always booted to live TV and fully on. This makes it obvious the box is back on (I can hear it from the Kitchen) Guessing something has changed.

Anybody else noticed this change of behaviour with the latest update ?

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 11:26:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 

I have not, I'm using the supplied cable however and have no issue with it regarding watching.

Was gonna try a different port but I have a feeling its something conflicting.

I've found my box is always in active standby so comes on pretty much straight away.

If I turn my TV on first with cec enabled it powers the Aura automatically on and straight to live TV so far.

If I turn Aura on first, the TV powers on with the box but displays no signal image built into tv.

I tried no cec enabled, but then if the TV is on then the box, the no signal image on the tv still appears until I switch the Aura off and back on a second time.

I'm hoping this is just a bug. Still waiting for Humax to respond with anything.

Hope this makes sense.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 11:47:45 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 18 mins ago  » 

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 

I have not, I'm using the supplied cable however and have no issue with it regarding watching.
    I've found my box is always in active standby so comes on pretty much straight away.
    If I turn my TV on first with cec enabled it powers the Aura automatically on and straight to live TV so far.
    If I turn Aura on first, the TV powers on with the box but displays no signal image built into tv.
    I tried no cec enabled, but then if the TV is on then the box, the no signal image on the tv still appears until I switch the Aura off and back on a second time.
    I'm hoping this is just a bug. Still waiting for Humax to respond with anything.
    Hope this makes sense.

Something wrong. It can take a while to go into full sby. If you put it in long push sby last thing at night. It should deffo be in long push sby the following morning. I don't use CEC it has too many faults. I would power the box before the TV and wait for it to commence the boot from full sby before turning on the TV. If the led is red try another push of the power button to see what you get on the TV.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:10:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

grahamlthompson - 44 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 18 mins ago  » 

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 

Hope this makes sense.

Something wrong. It can take a while to go into full sby. If you put it in long push sby last thing at night. It should deffo be in long push sby the following morning. I don't use CEC it has too many faults. I would power the box before the TV and wait for it to commence the boot from full sby before turning on the TV. If the led is red try another push of the power button to see what you get on the TV.

I think we are crossing over here.

I don't put the box into a deep standby, I leave it in active standby. It does go into deep standby if I want it to.

Basically the box won't display an image unless I turn it on then off and back on again. CEC or no CEC.

What I've discovered today, I can get it to come on first time via CEC if I turn my TV on first and let that wake the box.

If I wake the box first I get no signal until I switch it off and back on. This happens with CEC or with out CEC.

It's probably a compatible issue.

I was hoping there was a setting I was missing but can't find a thing that would cause this.

Now I've found a workaround I'm Ok. Just would be nice to work as intended.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 13:04:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.