(42 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 14 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 44 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 18 mins ago  » 

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 
    Have you tried a different cable? Not all HDMI cables are created equally...

I have not, I'm using the supplied cable however and have no issue with it regarding watching.
    Was gonna try a different port but I have a feeling its something conflicting.
    I've found my box is always in active standby so comes on pretty much straight away.
    If I turn my TV on first with cec enabled it powers the Aura automatically on and straight to live TV so far.
    If I turn Aura on first, the TV powers on with the box but displays no signal image built into tv.
    I tried no cec enabled, but then if the TV is on then the box, the no signal image on the tv still appears until I switch the Aura off and back on a second time.
    I'm hoping this is just a bug. Still waiting for Humax to respond with anything.
    Hope this makes sense.

Something wrong. It can take a while to go into full sby. If you put it in long push sby last thing at night. It should deffo be in long push sby the following morning. I don't use CEC it has too many faults. I would power the box before the TV and wait for it to commence the boot from full sby before turning on the TV. If the led is red try another push of the power button to see what you get on the TV.

I think we are crossing over here.
    I don't put the box into a deep standby, I leave it in active standby. It does go into deep standby if I want it to.
    Basically the box won't display an image unless I turn it on then off and back on again. CEC or no CEC.
    What I've discovered today, I can get it to come on first time via CEC if I turn my TV on first and let that wake the box.
    If I wake the box first I get no signal until I switch it off and back on. This happens with CEC or with out CEC.
    It's probably a compatible issue.
    I was hoping there was a setting I was missing but can't find a thing that would cause this.
    Now I've found a workaround I'm Ok. Just would be nice to work as intended.

I left in active sby. The box should boot near instantly to live TV with one push of the button.

The new release was to fix issues with using the less than 0.5W low power sby, causing issues with recordings.

The box has never had issues if left in active sby. So has always worked as intended.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 13:22:38 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

I have noticed the TV has a power sync setting in cec, I'll have to try that over the next few days to see if something isn't working as it should, the TV side.

After that I'll try a different hdmi port.

Then I'm out of options.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 16:21:13 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 44 mins ago  » 
    I have noticed the TV has a power sync setting in cec, I'll have to try that over the next few days to see if something isn't working as it should, the TV side.
    After that I'll try a different hdmi port.
    Then I'm out of options.

Incidentally generally only HDM1 in has cec anyway, so changing to a different input is likely to disable it anyway.

Why do you need to use CEC ? Is it required because you use Audio Return Channel capability (ARC) ? Otherwise it's better disabled. TV's normally select the last used HDMI in socket on boot anyway.

The deep standby capability now fixed can save a significant amount of money in your electricity bill over a 12 month period. Sure takes a minute or two to boot other than that there are no real snags. Without cec you press the Aura power remote once, then turn on the TV. In a short time you should be seeing LIVE TV. I think I may have put my box in long push sby from the home screen last night rather than live TV. Hence the confusing boot this morning.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 17:12:53 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Cec is available on all my ports.

With it on or off I get the same results, the box needs powered on twice to work.

Ive tried it with it off on both the TV and the box and it still doesn't work.

Guess this isn't going anywhere, if I find a solution I'll post it here.

I'm running a LG TV just as a side note.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 19:28:13 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 59 mins ago  » 
    Cec is available on all my ports.
    With it on or off I get the same results, the box needs powered on twice to work.
    Ive tried it with it off on both the TV and the box and it still doesn't work.
    Guess this isn't going anywhere, if I find a solution I'll post it here.
    I'm running a LG TV just as a side note.

So am I with none of the problems you have.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 20:27:50 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

OK, so last night it didn't work again with the method I last tried.

Today on my LG TV under CEC I disabled Auto Power Sync option leaving CEC on.

The box appears to be working as expected for now.

Fingers crossed it continues now.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:57:23 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 23 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 44 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 18 mins ago  » 

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 
    Have you tried a different cable? Not all HDMI cables are created equally...

I have not, I'm using the supplied cable however and have no issue with it regarding watching.
    Was gonna try a different port but I have a feeling its something conflicting.
    I've found my box is always in active standby so comes on pretty much straight away.
    If I turn my TV on first with cec enabled it powers the Aura automatically on and straight to live TV so far.
    If I turn Aura on first, the TV powers on with the box but displays no signal image built into tv.
    I tried no cec enabled, but then if the TV is on then the box, the no signal image on the tv still appears until I switch the Aura off and back on a second time.
    I'm hoping this is just a bug. Still waiting for Humax to respond with anything.
    Hope this makes sense.

Something wrong. It can take a while to go into full sby. If you put it in long push sby last thing at night. It should deffo be in long push sby the following morning. I don't use CEC it has too many faults. I would power the box before the TV and wait for it to commence the boot from full sby before turning on the TV. If the led is red try another push of the power button to see what you get on the TV.

I think we are crossing over here.
    I don't put the box into a deep standby, I leave it in active standby. It does go into deep standby if I want it to.
    Basically the box won't display an image unless I turn it on then off and back on again. CEC or no CEC.
    What I've discovered today, I can get it to come on first time via CEC if I turn my TV on first and let that wake the box.
    If I wake the box first I get no signal until I switch it off and back on. This happens with CEC or with out CEC.
    It's probably a compatible issue.
    I was hoping there was a setting I was missing but can't find a thing that would cause this.
    Now I've found a workaround I'm Ok. Just would be nice to work as intended.

Are you now going to use the full low power sby option especially overnight ?

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 12:10:39 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Probably not, I'll look into it though.

A quick update, it failed to show image again since I've posted. I've now turned CEC off on both devices to see what happens.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 13:19:58 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

What are the different power draws in the two standby modes? Never really considered using the low power option becaue I want the convenience of turning the unit on and the picture being there within 5seconds or so, but I've not got access to my consumer power meter at the moment so i can't measure the actual differnce.

Hope you find the solution to your problems Crewitt!

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 16:51:21 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 1 hour ago  » 
    What are the different power draws in the two standby modes? Never really considered using the low power option becaue I want the convenience of turning the unit on and the picture being there within 5seconds or so, but I've not got access to my consumer power meter at the moment so i can't measure the actual differnce.
    Hope you find the solution to your problems Crewitt!

See the faqs

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/power-usage

Not that much in power terms about 7.5W less than active sby. But it's a lot less running hours on the HDD over a 12 month period. Shame the box hasn't a power on timer. You could turn it on daily before you normally use it.

I don't find the extended boot an issue because being at home the box is in from around 9am to 10pm ever day. I press the power button and go an get a cup of team and maybe a slice of toast. The box is always on by the time I get back to the lounge.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 18:46:56 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.