My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

No signal on TV on startup

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

I've now been contact by support and suggest to change the hdmi cable. I have done and gone to work, so fingers crossed again. Next plan is to change my input port then after than I'm snookered.

You sure the hdd is spinning in active stand by? I'm sure I can here it spin up when I switch it back on?

Ill probably start full power downs once I get the no signal issue sorted.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 18:53:16 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 7 mins ago  » 
    I've now been contact by support and suggest to change the hdmi cable. I have done and gone to work, so fingers crossed again. Next plan is to change my input port then after than I'm snookered.
    You sure the hdd is spinning in active stand by? I'm sure I can here it spin up when I switch it back on?
    Ill probably start full power downs once I get the no signal issue sorted.

It's very quiet. I can only hear when the drive spinning when the other pvrs in the rack are shut down.

The box uses about 8W or so more power over low power sby. That's about right for a laptop 2.5" low speed AV drive.

If you pull the power though in this state you can clearly hear the heads parking.

You probably are hearing the smart fan start up and then shut down

The box seems to be very power efficient even powering off tuners that are not needed.

These power levels are a lot less than the older boxes with 3.5" drives.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 19:05:30 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

That makes sense, I'll admit I haven't put my head to it to try, just heard something spin up when I powered it on.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 19:06:50 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 1 hour ago  » 
    What are the different power draws in the two standby modes? Never really considered using the low power option becaue I want the convenience of turning the unit on and the picture being there within 5seconds or so, but I've not got access to my consumer power meter at the moment so i can't measure the actual differnce.
    Hope you find the solution to your problems Crewitt!

See faq's

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/power-usage

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 19:12:55 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

So 8W overnight, say 11pm to 6pm (we don't use the TV during the day), 19 hours of standby, 0.152kWh per day, about 55kWh idle consumption over a year? £8.25 or thereabouts based on a rough 15p/kWh average then is the cost of the luxury of keeping it in active standby. 2p per day? Not megabucks, but worth quantifying nonetheless.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 12:49:31 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

larkim - 2 days ago  » 
    Have you tried a different cable? Not all HDMI cables are created equally...

OK quick update, Humax has also recommended this, so I've changed with my uhd bluray player hdmi cable and so far, the last 24 hours I've had no issues.

Hopefully all solved now.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 19:41:21 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 20 mins ago  » 

larkim - 2 days ago  » 
    Have you tried a different cable? Not all HDMI cables are created equally...

OK quick update, Humax has also recommended this, so I've changed with my uhd bluray player hdmi cable and so far, the last 24 hours I've had no issues.
    Hopefully all solved now.

For 4K you need a HDMI cable capable of 18gbps transfers. I have a 10M one but it uses optical fibre to be able to do 2160p60.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 20:04:32 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Quick update, no signal again this morning on start up.

Image came on for about 2 seconds then disappeared.

I've now changed hdmi input.

I'm running out of options now

| Thu 28 Jan 2021 16:31:43 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try this.

Change the HDMI resolution to Auto. Further down Select Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching. Change the setting to Custom. Change 1080 for live TV to on

| Thu 28 Jan 2021 17:40:02 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.