My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not recording

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

annirooni

Stupid question. If you use the +/- option does this mean that if you are watching two programmes one after the other that the second one will record as well?

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 7:48:24 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimK2011

My recording schedule for last night:

Lewis (ITV3) 20:00 - 22:00 Recorded: 19:55 - 22:00
    Foyle's War (ITV3) 22:00 - 00:00 Recorded: 22:00 - 00:05
    Taggart (Drama) 23:20 - 02:25 Recorded: 23:15 - 02:30

Consecutive recordings on the same channel will pad at the beginning and end of the whole session.

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 8:46:39 #12 |
  3. Gothamite

Gothamite

Paulbid - 14 hours ago  » 
    Freesat HDR 100S 500GB
    I've been unable to record from EPG, either single or series. I can press the record button and it records. It seems to have started about 2 weeks ago but only occasionally but now it's a no go. I set the programmes to record via EPG but it doesn't record and comes up as 'failed'.
    I've unplugged for a few minutes, cleaned out old timings, only used 43% HDD. I don't want to do a reset as there lots of series I've yet to watch.
    Any advise please would be appreciated.

Same here. The problem started yesterday for me, three failed timed recordings. As the original poster stated I can press record whilst a programme is on and it seems to record ok, but it won't work on timed. Tried factory reset still no joy. Is this purely a Humax issue? Or a full on Freesat one? I have a Humax 1100s.

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 8:50:13 #13 |
  4. Gothamite

Gothamite

Same here. The problem started yesterday for me, three failed timed recordings. As the original poster stated I can press record whilst a programme is on and it seems to record ok, but it won't work on timed. Tried factory reset still no joy. Is this purely a Humax issue? Or a full on Freesat one? I have a Humax 1100s.
    (Suffice to say I'm going to try the padding thing this morning to see if that works as a quick fix...)

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 9:03:01 #14 |
  5. Gothamite

Gothamite

Adding a 5min padding seemed to work for me this morning on timed recordings.

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 10:58:25 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

annirooni

Was that 5 mins before or after please?

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 11:33:38 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyMD

Humax 1100S
    EPG recordings working OK first thing yesterday but all failing later in the day. Manually set recordings working OK but that's not an ideal solution. Have just tried setting a 5 min padding at each end and that appears to be working.

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 11:34:13 #17 |
  8. Gothamite

Gothamite

annirooni - 4 mins ago  » 
    Was that 5 mins before or after please?

I added a 5min pad to before and after.

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 11:38:27 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

BECTIVEBOY

Hi all (new member - so pleased to find this forum!). I have 2 Foxsat HDR boxes and both stopped recording yesterday which at least suggests it's not the individual boxes and something more central/ software related? Manual recording and pause still works as with others. I will try the padding solution later when home. Would be a disaster to lose the preset record functions...!

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 11:55:40 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Slateyman

FOXSATHDR/400GB
    Hello
    Another newbie with the same problem. Is there some kind of St. Valentine's Day massacre of Humax recording?
    Last Friday I set about six programmes to record, one for Saturday, and about seven for Sunday (I was away for the weekend). They all recorded (from the Guide button) perfectly.
    Yesterday, I set six programmes to record. All showed that the recording command had registered, but none of them started. Tuning to the station and pressing the manual record button salvaged some of them, but due to conflicting programmes, I wasn't quick enough to catch all of them. Thank goodness for catch up!
    Tried to set progs to record this morning as a test. Both failed again.
    Given the number of posts on the forum, this can't be a coincidence, surely?

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 12:15:44 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.