My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels

(137 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

Mars - 1 week ago  » 
    Yes, you will have to setup a hotspot on your phone then connect the Aura to the WiFi hotspot.
    If you take it home then you will have to connect to a TV to setup WiFi and to see what is happening.

I'll have to do it too, I;m getting the same

| Fri 19 Apr 2024 0:00:10 #121 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

trog - 2 mnths ago  » 
    I emailed Humax and asked if we were still going to get an update as many people no longer have this issue or was it just hot air and they responded with...........
    Thank you for contacting Humax.
    ​We're writing to inform you that in response to recent beta testing results, we have initiated the software update process for the "Freeview" app across ALL Aura units currently in the field.
    The update is being rolled out automatically to all boxes as users continue to use their devices normally.
    However, if you find that your unit still retains the old version of the app, we kindly ask you to follow the steps outlined below for a manual update:
    Turn on your set-top box and watch live TV for 1 minute.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode for 1 minute.
    Turn on your set-top box again and watch live TV for 5 minutes.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode once more, this time for 2 minutes.
    Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > "Freeview"
    (Please note: This should not be confused with Freeview TV, which should display as "1.00_62_240210").
    We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during these days of inconvenience. Our team is committed to ensuring that you have a seamless experience with the Freeview app moving forward. If you encounter any issues or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
    Thank you for your continued support.
    Best Regards,
    Judit
    Humax Customer Support

Can you register the aura online ?

| Fri 19 Apr 2024 11:34:38 #122 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

Mand123 - 1 week ago  » 

trog - 1 hour ago  » 

Mand123 - 17 mins ago  » 

Mars - 48 mins ago  » 
    Yes, you will have to setup a hotspot on your phone then connect the Aura to the WiFi hotspot.
    If you take it home then you will have to connect to a TV to setup WiFi and to see what is happening.

The new update is 1.00_62_240210. Just follow this and it should say that version number..............
    Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > "Freeview" If it does not show that number then try the method on page 7.

It seems to have done an update now as pressed live tv and came up with some dialogue box's and last one mentioned bug fixed. Fingers crossed, time will tell and if not I'll follow that procedure.
    I'll check the version number when I'm there next.
    Thank you so much for your time and help

How are you getting on with this Mand as I'm going to have to firstly try using a hotspot too ?

| Fri 19 Apr 2024 11:50:33 #123 |
  4. Fixdit

Fixdit

After a bit of poking around I came across this post by Barry Senior Administrator.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/important-info-for-beta-testers-please-read?quote=89606

It mentioned a firmware update. in 2021, could this have a bearing on Beta Testers problems? I cannot remember what route I took though.

Barry's posts around this time give a lot of info about the changes.

| Fri 19 Apr 2024 11:58:35 #124 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

trog - 2 mnths ago  » 
    I emailed Humax and asked if we were still going to get an update as many people no longer have this issue or was it just hot air and they responded with...........
    Thank you for contacting Humax.
    ​We're writing to inform you that in response to recent beta testing results, we have initiated the software update process for the "Freeview" app across ALL Aura units currently in the field.
    The update is being rolled out automatically to all boxes as users continue to use their devices normally.
    However, if you find that your unit still retains the old version of the app, we kindly ask you to follow the steps outlined below for a manual update:
    Turn on your set-top box and watch live TV for 1 minute.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode for 1 minute.
    Turn on your set-top box again and watch live TV for 5 minutes.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode once more, this time for 2 minutes.
    Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > "Freeview"
    (Please note: This should not be confused with Freeview TV, which should display as "1.00_62_240210").
    We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during these days of inconvenience. Our team is committed to ensuring that you have a seamless experience with the Freeview app moving forward. If you encounter any issues or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
    Thank you for your continued support.
    Best Regards,
    Judit
    Humax Customer Support

do you need to be connected to the internet to do this ? Sorry for asking, but I think I saw somewhere it was an alternative method to use if you didn't have access ?

| Fri 19 Apr 2024 13:26:43 #125 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

@Ne5 Of course you have to be connected to the internet to get any updates on an Aura. You may find once connected that the update loads without the need to do anything. Check to see if it has updated to 1.00_62_240210 by following the advice in your above post but if not then follow the long process that you have also posted above.

| Fri 19 Apr 2024 17:47:26 #126 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

Thanks trog. I've now connected it to my phone hotspot. It's a new Aura, so I haven't registered it yet. Do I need to do this next ?

| Fri 19 Apr 2024 21:00:24 #127 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

@Ne5 Not sure you need to but you should as it gives you a 2 year warranty with Humax when you do. Did you check if it had updated to 1.00_62_240210 when connected, you might have had a pop up saying it had updated though I did not on mine ?

| Sat 20 Apr 2024 2:56:02 #128 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

Its 1.00_62_240210_6c584f1a4

| Sat 20 Apr 2024 13:18:57 #129 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

Its 1.00_62_240210_6c584f1a4

| Sat 20 Apr 2024 13:22:16 #130 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.