My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Occasional 2 second black screen on some channels

(143 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

Yes I have a two year GT ... I was just not happy with Argos they should have gave me a refund. no point giving me a replacement when it affected all Aura in the UK. Argos wasn't interested at all and they were very rude. I contacted Head Office. They did apologise, but said Sainsbury owned now a lot of changes and no refunds after the first month no matter what the problem. Unless I have a code from the manufactures stating otherwise.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 11:33:04 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZiggyUK

I have been getting this dropping out but not just this last 2 weeks but months on and off for me.

I first noticed it o CH4 a couple of months ago but it also happens on CH5, I tried rebooting my box without success so pulled the power cord for a couple of hours and it appeared to cure it (maybe coincidence).

This problem, like others, never happened on the TV tuner, just the Aura box tuner.

We only watch CH4 at weekends so this is the only time I notice it, it has happened quite a few times over the last couple of months, the problem reared its ugly head again two weeks ago so I again pulled the cord but this time, it's only the second time I have done that as it was worse than ever that weekend, it did not help which is when I came here to see if there was any advice and found this thread.

I had not thought of using the HD channel until I read this thread, and I don't usually bother with HD for CH4 as we are usually watching it with one eye while doing other thing and frankly it's easier to just press the "4" key n the remote.

Anyway, I just (today while writing this) flipped over to CH4 & CH5 to test and it appears to have gone away again again, but having this on and off for months I hold no hope of a permanent fix on the transmitter side.

In my case it has never happened on ITV, only CH4, CH5 & More4.

Also, I'm is a small town 10 miles from the nearest 5G service.

I emailed Humax to see if they would offer me a chance to be on the trial group (I didn't ask) but in my case I just got the standard letter as many have posted above that a fix was on the way.

We are on the South coast and our signals are received from the Rowridge (isle of Wight) transmitter and the local relay transmitter situated in the Poulner.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 13:06:20 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

The problem for me stopped on the day they started working on my transmitter and others have reported the same thing happening all without receiving the promised update from Humax. I suspect the generic mails sent by them and the update was little more than bs to placate the baying crowd.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 13:56:55 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellla2

It's important to bear in mind that there are a bunch of known faults with auras that lots and lots of customers have reported to humax over the last few years and asked humax to help with, and humax have never done anything at all about any of those known faults.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 14:01:36 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Of course, Humax could surprise us and resolve all the known faults in one handy upgrade. I won't hold my breath!

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 15:26:41 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

I emailed Humax and asked if we were still going to get an update as many people no longer have this issue or was it just hot air and they responded with...........

Thank you for contacting Humax.
    ​We're writing to inform you that in response to recent beta testing results, we have initiated the software update process for the "Freeview" app across ALL Aura units currently in the field.
    The update is being rolled out automatically to all boxes as users continue to use their devices normally.
    However, if you find that your unit still retains the old version of the app, we kindly ask you to follow the steps outlined below for a manual update:

Turn on your set-top box and watch live TV for 1 minute.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode for 1 minute.
    Turn on your set-top box again and watch live TV for 5 minutes.
    Place the set-top box into standby mode once more, this time for 2 minutes.
    Check the version name in Settings > Apps > See all apps > Show system apps > "Freeview"
    (Please note: This should not be confused with Freeview TV, which should display as "1.00_62_240210").

We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during these days of inconvenience. Our team is committed to ensuring that you have a seamless experience with the Freeview app moving forward. If you encounter any issues or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your continued support.
    Best Regards,
    Judit
    Humax Customer Support

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 17:48:53 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZiggyUK

Yes, I just got that email as well after offering to beta test the update.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 17:59:47 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

Aura is working how it should now. Let’s hope the update don’t make other problems. Thank you for the update Trog.

| Wed 14 Feb 2024 23:53:05 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

Aprrox 8pm tonight 14 feb i got a pop up stating update available freeview..so clicked the ok and Freeview app updated I can't confirm what this update was for but I gamble it has something to do with what people report having had responses from Shymax about them testing a beta fix then making it avail once tested

| Thu 15 Feb 2024 2:33:31 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

My Aura had an update for the ‘Freeview app’ last night.

I have t had any issues with mine, so it must have been rolled out to everyone.

| Thu 15 Feb 2024 11:36:51 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.