My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On Demand currently not available

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billthewill

I have 2 Humax HDR-1000S Freesat 500gb saterlite recorders.
    they are identicle, bought within a week of each other.
    One plays On Demand TV perfectly, it's used every day.
    the other one which is used infrequently, but when selecting On Demand a messge says 'On Demand currently unavailable'
    When I go into setting, it indicates that my internet signals are strong and good quality
    Is there a fix for this problem?
    All the other things on the box work perfectly.

| Sat 29 Jun 2024 10:30:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Billithewill,

Welcome to the forum. One of the "joys" of the Humax 1000s and 1100s pvrs. They all do it from time to time. Is there a solution? . . . Yes, but it's frustrating.

Try unplugging ethernet cable and rebooting, then within settings, reconnect cable and connect to broadband. Might take few attempts, if this fails, either leave unplugged for say 15/30 minutes and try again.

The other solution is to do factory reset, but remember to write down settings, schedules and you will also need to rekey in passwords for apps. Hopefully then it will work! Do let forum know how you get on/if you need more help. Humax are to blame with not fixing problem. John L

| Sat 29 Jun 2024 16:53:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Thank you for your suggestion.
    I tried that remedy many times and in total frustration I bought another box.
    Today I thought I'd try the 'faulty' box in a different room on a different TV with perfect, strong broadband.... and guess what... the same problem exists.
    I am on about my fifth try and no success.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 9:14:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brigid

I have the same problem. Apparently this same bug happened in 2022 and took Humax two weeks to coorect the bug in the system

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 9:23:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

IainRichards

Don't bother trying all the 'solutions' on the internet. I've tried all of them over hours and none of them work. It's affecting loads of people and has to be a problem at the Humax end. We just have to wait for them to fix it.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 12:09:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Alford

For several weeks BBC iPlayer has been extremely sluggish on my 1100S box. It has frequently failed to load, and when it has it has been extremely slow. The picture icons have loaded at the speed of old style dial-up, if at all, and performing a search has been screamingly slow: a letter every 20 seconds or so. Now it has stopped working altogether. When I try to load it I get "checking internet connection" followed by a screen asking me to log on to the router, even though it's telling me on the same screen that I'm logged on fine. I'm stuck in a never-ending loop of doom. Other on-demand channels seem to be OK. Is it a fault with the box or with iPlayer, does anyone know? Has anyone else got the same issues? I've tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in but to no avail.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 13:52:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Martin Alford - 45 mins ago  » 
    For several weeks BBC iPlayer has been extremely sluggish on my 1100S box. It has frequently failed to load, and when it has it has been extremely slow. The picture icons have loaded at the speed of old style dial-up, if at all, and performing a search has been screamingly slow: a letter every 20 seconds or so. Now it has stopped working altogether. When I try to load it I get "checking internet connection" followed by a screen asking me to log on to the router, even though it's telling me on the same screen that I'm logged on fine. I'm stuck in a never-ending loop of doom. Other on-demand channels seem to be OK. Is it a fault with the box or with iPlayer, does anyone know? Has anyone else got the same issues? I've tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in but to no avail.

Try reading the other 2 threads directly below this one that obviously are about this exact same issue for answers.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 14:40:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Alford

Not quite the same issue in that the other threads don't cover the issue of slow iPlayer performance, but there are similarities, I admit. (I'm not sure what the "obviously" in your reply is meant to imply, btw. I had read the other threads before posting!) UPDATE: I connected the box to the router with an ethernet cable but the results are exactly the same. No further forward.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 15:57:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chalkdust

I emailed Humax yesterday and they replied today. They are aware of the issue, which is affecting various models, and are working on a solution.

| Thu 10 Oct 2024 19:13:15 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEJAYANDSUE

Ditto to these posts. Watching my previous iplayer searches load has been awful, and as of yesterday I can't get any on demand services as it says I need an Internet connection, and then proceeds to tell me I am connected via ethernet ( yes I plugged in this way after previous similar problems). Worryingly I had a recent conversation with a freesat techie who told me my humax 1100s was no longer supported in freesat software upgrades, this despite the fact there still on sale at amazon, a fact which he wouldn't comment on.
    Don't hold your breath then, it could be awhile before it is fixed.

| Fri 11 Oct 2024 17:29:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.