My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Orange For Red Colours

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

THXTex

Hello!

New user of the Aura, but when it's plugged into my Philips 4K TV the reds are more orange. This is noticeable on the icons for Apps on the Android Home Page, the YouTube App logo, and was very prominent on Richard Osman's House of Game where the set was showing as more orange.

I have tried tuning the colour setting on the TV to try and get a match but can't seem to get one that matches the Virgin Media V6 (which is at the end of contract), or viewing directly on the TV (either live or via catch up apps).

I have tried different HDMI leads and inputs, including using the same HDMI cable and input as the V6 but the colours are still off.

Has anyone else had this? Is this a fault, or something that needs to be addressed somewhere in the settings of the box?

Cheers!

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 21:39:53 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I take it the TV is HDR capable.

That should not be happening. Try this. Open the iplayer app search for the Perfect planet in 4K HDR. Play back episode 1 (volcanoes).

It should look amazing.

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 22:35:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

THXTex

Yeah, the TV is HDR capable.

All the other sources connected to the TV are fine, except the Aura.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 0:19:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

When you are in the picture settings page on your TV, are you given the options to apply the current settings to all inputs or do you set up each input separately? Just because the colours were correct with the previous device does mean that they will be correct for the Aura. If you can apply the settings to just the specific input, try that.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 9:34:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

THXTex

Yeah, I've got the picture settings on Personal, which means I can adjust the individual inputs/TV for colour, brightness, contrast, etc, etc.

However, regardless of what what's used the reds are still orange. It's very noticeable when watching the same programme across two different sources.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 10:05:17 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

THXTex - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yeah, I've got the picture settings on Personal, which means I can adjust the individual inputs/TV for colour, brightness, contrast, etc, etc.
    However, regardless of what what's used the reds are still orange. It's very noticeable when watching the same programme across two different sources.

Did you try the BBC - 4K HDR HLG playback. ?

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 11:56:37 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Look at this image. Notice the white vapour over the lava flow. It's certainly not at the red end if anything it's blueish. It's from the volcanos 4K Perfect Planet episode.

What does the vapour look like on your TV ?

Attachments

1. 4K-HDR.jpg (169.3 KB, 7 downloads) 3 years old
    | Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:14:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

THXTex

Yeah, the picture looks good. The lava is orange.

Here's what I mean.

Note the difference in colours.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:21:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

THXTex

Good God!

How small do you need to make photos!

I'll re-post when I get a minute.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:22:44 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

THXTex - 2 mins ago  » 
    Yeah, the picture looks good. The lava is orange.
    Here's what I mean.
    Note the difference in colours.

Lava is Orange in real life. It's not red. The point is that in the same picture a white object would have a orange cast not blue if the colour balance balance is correct. I can't see anything to note.

You need to look at the same bit on your TV a photo can't show it properly. Too many other variations. Camera colour balance, monitor ditto.

I will see if I can find a RGB colour test image. If not I can produce one with pure red green and blue and put it on my TV and upload it as well.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:30:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.