My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Pause and rewind not working on Humax1100s

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jay2

looks like the long standing pause and rewind problems still exist. I purchased a new Humax 1100s from local Maplins store on the 25th November and after setting it up found that the pause and rewind did not work. Tried all the web site suggestions such as disconnect and reconnect and restore to factory default but pause and rewind still didn't work. Took product back next day to Maplins but they refused a refund as I had used the goods (how else could I have found out that it wasn't fit for purpose!!) and said they needed to send it back to manufacturer so that it could be confirmed that there was a fault on it. So, having cancelled the Sky contract, ready for the new Humax 1100s, I now have no TV to watch whilst things are being sorted.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 18:11:09 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A disk format would most likely have restored time shifting. The usual cause is corruption of the time shift buffer file. While some units have suffered this, never heard of it on a new unit though. Shame you didn't buy one from Amazon, John Lewis or Richer Sounds they would have replaced it immediately.

I would be asking Maplin for a immediate refund, they are clearly liable. Talk to your local trading standards office.

Welcome to our forum.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 18:23:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jay2

Many thanks for your quick response Graham and the advice. Unfortunately, as a 'non-techie 70 plus year old' although I read something about a disk format on the web site anything much more than emails and installing plug and play equipment (which I though that the Humax would be, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it) messing round with a disk format frightened me and was a step too far for me. I will take your advice re trading standards and see where that takes me.

Kind regards. Jay2

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 18:35:06 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jay2 - 42 seconds ago  » 
    Many thanks for your quick response Graham and the advice. Unfortunately, as a 'non-techie 70 plus year old' although I read something about a disk format on the web site anything much more than emails and installing plug and play equipment (which I though that the Humax would be, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it) messing round with a disk format frightened me and was a step too far for me. I will take your advice re trading standards and see where that takes me.
    Kind regards. Jay2

The disk format is in the settings menus. Had you had any recordings you would have lost them, clearly not an issue on a new machine that failed to work, so would not have given any issues (The box Operating System is in NVRAM (Non Volatile Random Access Memory and not on the Hard Disk). I'm 72 incidentally.

Was the box it came in sealed ?

Suspicous you may have been palmed off with a unit that was returned.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 18:41:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Whoever you spoke to at your local Maplins store doesn't understand the Consumer Contract Regulations of which by their actions are in clear breach of. It is not incumbent on you to prove their is an issue and the fact it was brand new and within the 30 day rule entitled you to an immediate refund or replacement.

I would be marching back into that particular store without delay demanding corrective action.

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 9:33:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

In my experience it's easier and quicker just return an item as "unwanted/unused" and say as little as possible, sometimes I just can't be bothered to explain a problem/fault (or say it is a heap of crap) when I can get a refund without all that hassle.

Obviously under the circumstances above the buyer should of been given an immediate refund.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 11:45:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jay2

Many thanks for all the responses. I did in fact write to Maplin's Complaints Dept' detailing, in full, the circumstances set out in my initial topic and have received the following response from that office:

“I am sorry to hear that the Humax is not working and that you have had to return this.
    The store would have been unable to test this item, and as this has a recordable memory would need to be returned for testing at our Head Office. Once this has been completed a full refund will be processed, and not a 'part value' refund.
    The timescale for this process is within 14 days and I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.”

I will send an update once the matter has been finally resolved.

Kind regards. Jay2

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 10:14:45 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Muppets

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 17:35:40 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.