My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Pausing Live TV

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

frogman9

Just bought a Humax FVP 5000t had my ariel set up and it's a very good box apart from one problem...I can't pause live TV I get a yellow circle with a line through it . Any help would be most welcome.

| Fri 16 Aug 2019 8:03:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Pausing will only work after the buffer has had time to fill up. If you change channels, or return to live TV from a recording and press pause too soon, it won't work.
    If that doesn't describe your scenario, then I am sure someone else will be able to help.

| Fri 16 Aug 2019 8:25:42 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

My rule of thumb is if something is worth watching then it is worth recording so I rarely pause live TV.

The other reason you cannot pause live TV is that there are already too many recordings in progress.

| Fri 16 Aug 2019 8:36:01 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gomezz - 2 hours ago  » 
    My rule of thumb is if something is worth watching then it is worth recording so I rarely pause live TV.
    The other reason you cannot pause live TV is that there are already too many recordings in progress.

If you can watch it you can live pause it as you must have a tuner to watch it in the first place.

If the OP can't pause live TV say 3-4 mins after changing to a new channel it's likely the time shift buffer file is corrupted.

Sadly the only way to fix this on a FVP box without removing the disk and connecting it to a PC is to format the hard drive which will delete all your recordings.

| Fri 16 Aug 2019 11:23:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

frogman9

Thanks to all who replied.....formatted the hard disk and all is back to normal.

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 12:45:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asbestos

Hi All Humax 4000T 500gb box This is the first time I have posted anywhere please excuse if this is not where I should have put this but usually I try read and follow advice given to solve issues. I have a Humax 4000T 500gb box and for quite a while have not been able to pause live tv a yellow circle with a line through it appears, initially when purchased roughly 18 months ago refurb from Humax I was able to do this, it had a lot of stuff i hadnt watched so was loathe to follow advice given here to format, but decided to now give it a go, so have now formatted the drive but still get the yellow circle with the line through it am now lost?

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 19:08:58 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Asbestos - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi All Humax 4000T 500gb box This is the first time I have posted anywhere please excuse if this is not where I should have put this but usually I try read and follow advice given to solve issues. I have a Humax 4000T 500gb box and for quite a while have not been able to pause live tv a yellow circle with a line through it appears, initially when purchased roughly 18 months ago refurb from Humax I was able to do this, it had a lot of stuff i hadnt watched so was loathe to follow advice given here to format, but decided to now give it a go, so have now formatted the drive but still get the yellow circle with the line through it am now lost?

Welcome to our forum,

Can you chhose a channel that a new programme is about to start (ideally say BBC1-HD on 106) . About 5 mins or so after it starts press the instant record button.

The red circle above on demand on most remotes.

You should see a popup on screen confirming the programme you are watching is being recorded.

Leave it 5 mins or so.

Press the recordings button. You should see the recording at the top of the list.

Can you play back this recording as it is being made (chasing playback) ?

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 21:05:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Channel 106 is not BBC1HD, it is BBC4HD, which is only available to users who can receive COM7. BBC1HD is channel 101.

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 23:10:52 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 11 hours ago  » 
    Channel 106 is not BBC1HD, it is BBC4HD, which is only available to users who can receive COM7. BBC1HD is channel 101.

I was in Freesat mode. However it matters not a jot the suggested test should work for any channel. Best use the main channels though as they have more reliable CRID codeing and accurate recording.

| Tue 11 Aug 2020 10:43:21 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asbestos

Thanks Graham yes I am able to record a channel and press recordings and chase the playback

| Fri 14 Aug 2020 16:12:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.