My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Picture breaking poor signal

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

Just recently the picture has been either hanging or breaking up. I fiddled with the aerial connections both at the wall and on the rear of the device and it appeared to be making a bad connection. I've just replaced the aerial coax but to no great effect. Most channels are now ok but I can't receive channel 4 at all - I just get the poor or no signal message.

Are these models subject to poor connections, or is it does the symptoms point to something else entirely?

Terry

| Sun 13 May 2018 16:01:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Presumably if you are missing Ch4, you have also lost ITV and a few others. Would probably not be a good idea to retune to try and sort it.

| Sun 13 May 2018 16:09:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

Tried a retune but still missing ITV, channel 4, 5, ITV 2&3, 4+1, more 4, film 4, ITV 4, E4, ITV+1 5Star+1

| Mon 14 May 2018 6:43:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Search the forum with signal or breakup or similar to find lots of posts and lots of help.

Or just browse through the forum looking for posts like yours. For example, read Poor or no signal on some channels : FVP-4000T 500 which is currently immediately below your post.

Try some of the suggestions and report back what happened when you did.

Understand the difference between a multiplex (several stations broadcast in one multiplex) and a channel. If C4 is bad, all the other stations in that multiplex will also be bad.

| Mon 14 May 2018 10:39:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Yellow Peril
    Try connecting the aerial directly into the TV from the wall and see if you get all the channels and see if you get a good signal. If NOT then it must a aerial or fly lead fault, if OK go to the next step.

Next plug in to the Humax 4000T only and test again.

Next try the loop through connection and test again the signal on the TV again, and test the signal on the 4000T.

If you get a bad picture on the TV on loop through set up on your TV, check the aerial input plug on the Humax, is it lose or bent that could give you problems.

The Humax turner is slightly weaker than the TV turners and TV tuner will always show a slightly stronger than the Humax.
    You may need a to try a TV amp as a last result if your signal is very weak.

Hope this helps.

| Mon 14 May 2018 11:37:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

Don't know why I didn't think of connecting TV direct, but did so and received all channels. Contacted Humax and they suggested carrying out a manual retune, so I did that but have lost half the channels I want. So is there a way to automatically fill the channel gaps or do I now have to go through and add each of the missing ones?

| Mon 14 May 2018 14:41:09 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

I've been onto both Freeveiw and Humax and they think it's a fault with the box and are going to replace it. Thanks everybody for their input.

Terry

| Mon 14 May 2018 15:32:48 #8 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

How far from which transmitter are you?
    Any amplifier in your aerial system?

| Mon 14 May 2018 15:38:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

I'm about 20 miles away - probably less as the crow flies and no I have no amplifier in the system. This problem has only just appeared and having researched transmitter problems, there doesn't appear to be any fresh ones.

| Mon 14 May 2018 18:00:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.