My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Picture freezing on trailers and adverts

(35 posts)
  1. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I do sometimes find the picture freezes sometimes on my Aura on an adverts on channel 4 or a trailer On BBC1 when advertising future programmes. It’s happened twice today. I have done a Freeview reset after the first freeze. TV is an LG 4K LED from 2019. Signal 95% signal quality 100%. Not recording at the time. HDMI connector was the one that came with Humax. Anyone else had similar problems?

| Sat 7 Aug 2021 17:58:00 #1 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

There is a fix for this in the latest Apps Beta release, and so far this week, since it was installed on Tuesday, I haven't seen this particular issue again.

I don't know when the fix will be made generally available.

| Sat 7 Aug 2021 18:47:28 #2 |
  3. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

davidrew - 1 hour ago  » 
    There is a fix for this in the latest Apps Beta release, and so far this week, since it was installed on Tuesday, I haven't seen this particular issue again.
    I don't know when the fix will be made generally available.

Ok good to know. Thanks

| Sat 7 Aug 2021 20:28:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

Did you notice if what you were watching was being broadcasted in multichannel audio? I have posted about problems I experience when a programme transmitted in multichannel audio goes to a ad break which is in stereo and then after the ad's switches back to multichannel audio. My post is "Stereo/Multistream switching causing problems" (should really have been titled "Stereo/Multichannel switching causing problems")

| Sun 8 Aug 2021 13:18:15 #4 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

telltuff - 22 mins ago  » 
    Did you notice if what you were watching was being broadcasted in multichannel audio? I have posted about problems I experience when a programme transmitted in multichannel audio goes to a ad break which is in stereo and then after the ad's switches back to multichannel audio. My post is "Stereo/Multistream switching causing problems" (should really have been titled "Stereo/Multichannel switching causing problems")

I didn’t notice which mode the sound was in but that could explain what causes the freeze perhaps. I’ll try to check next time.

| Sun 8 Aug 2021 14:05:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

When you said you didn't notice what mode the sound was in are you referring to how you have your Aura set up or the broadcast? As from what I have experienced it doesn't matter how the Aura is set up to handle audio just that the programme is broadcast in multichannel (only possible on the HD channels I believe) and then switches to stereo. As I said in my post I have two Auras, one set up for stereo on a stereo TV and one set up for multichannel audio with a receiver and TV and both Auras exhibit the same behaviour when the broadcast or recording switches between stereo and multichannel.

| Sun 8 Aug 2021 14:44:26 #6 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

telltuff - 43 mins ago  » 
    When you said you didn't notice what mode the sound was in are you referring to how you have your Aura set up or the broadcast? As from what I have experienced it doesn't matter how the Aura is set up to handle audio just that the programme is broadcast in multichannel (only possible on the HD channels I believe) and then switches to stereo. As I said in my post I have two Auras, one set up for stereo on a stereo TV and one set up for multichannel audio with a receiver and TV and both Auras exhibit the same behaviour when the broadcast or recording switches between stereo and multichannel.

Yes I was referring to Aura set up of audio output. But I see you say it doesn’t mater what settings we have.

| Sun 8 Aug 2021 15:46:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

Paul Bton - 53 mins ago  » 

telltuff - 43 mins ago  » 

Yes I was referring to Aura set up of audio output. But I see you say it doesn’t mater what settings we have.

No from what I've experienced how the Aura is set up to output audio doesn't matter just if the audio stream on the programme (live or recorded) switches between stereo and multichannel.

| Sun 8 Aug 2021 16:43:59 #8 |
  9. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Attenuators are back on the menu! I got this reply from Humax on this freezing issue:

'That model has 3 tuners in it, so they are only getting a third of the signal strength each, to accommodate for this we had to turn up the sensitivity of the tuners, but because of that any signal strength 90% or over can overload the tuners and cause issues. A very simple remedy is to fit an attenuator to reduce the signal'

I have 95% signal strength with 100% signal quality. But does that fit with the picture only freezing on some ads and trailers? Maybe the sound format issue only affects the Aura when the signal strength is too high? What do people think?

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 14:17:15 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Paul Bton - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have 95% signal strength with 100% signal quality. But does that fit with the picture only freezing on some ads and trailers? Maybe the sound format issue only affects the Aura when the signal strength is too high? What do people think?

On other Humax models I would certainly suggest trying an attenuator; I am less convinced that it is helpful for the Aura, particularly for the symptoms you are experiencing. On the other hand an attenuator is cheap and at least having tried it, you could go back to them and say "your suggestion didn't work, what other ideas do you have?".

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 15:44:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.