My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Picture freezing on trailers and adverts

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Interesting.
    Are you very close to the transmitter? Or do you have any type of powered amplifier/distribution?

| Tue 17 Aug 2021 13:39:06 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

SSThing - 3 hours ago  » 
    Interesting.
    Are you very close to the transmitter? Or do you have any type of powered amplifier/distribution?

About 19 miles from Rowridge transmitter as the crow flies, a lot of the way over water and the New Forest. Distribution amp sharing a group A horizontal aerial (com7 CH55 out of band on Rowridge. Think CH55 still due to be turned off soon as com7 still classified as temporary, but according to some timetables should have turned off already so thinking about a group T, K, or wideband aerial) and a FM aerial. Distribution amp supplies three TV's, two Topfield TF5800's (until I'm happy with the Aura's) and now two Aura's. The FM aerial feeds a receiver.

Distribution amp been in place for about 10 years with no signal related issues on the Topfields (just the usual power supply capacitor issues) and TV's. Only with the addition of the Aura's has the signal level potentially presented an issue.

| Tue 17 Aug 2021 17:59:25 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The reason I asked about the amp is because I had a distribution amp (a few years ago now and can't remember what brand) that caused my previous Humax and my current 4000t to read 100% quality across every received mux irrespective of signal strength. And in use, I still had regular pixelation or drop outs, indicating that quality was anything but 100%.

| Tue 17 Aug 2021 18:28:54 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

SSThing - 8 mins ago  » 
    The reason I asked about the amp is because I had a distribution amp (a few years ago now and can't remember what brand) that caused my previous Humax and my current 4000t to read 100% quality across every received mux irrespective of signal strength. And in use, I still had regular pixelation or drop outs, indicating that quality was anything but 100%.

OK spent a few years working with people who designed circuitry and amplifiers for mobile phones (different frequencies I know) but can appreciate that RF is a bit of a dark art. The problems I have encountered (apart from the Aura entering into what looks like deep standby when I have selected never to use deep standby) all seem to happen when the audio stream switches from stereo to multichannel causing freezes, no pixelation no dropouts. Further testing may produce more insight.

| Tue 17 Aug 2021 18:51:42 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

On the 26/8/21 happened to spot on one of my Auras that an app updated had taken place. Didn't notice the update happen on my other Aura but both of my Auras now show on the information page that the Application version is 1.01_96_210805_1a8aeb6 (prior to 26/8/21 Application version was 1.01_90_210617_a9f0ae58c). Since the update have not seen picture freezing problems when the audio stream changes from stereo to multichannel on either my heavily attenuated or unattenuated Auras (please see post #30 for details of attenuation). This is when playing back recordings that exhibited this problem made before the app update and recordings made since the app update (Vigil on BBC1HD being the only thing with multichannel audio Iv'e recorded since the app update).

| Wed 1 Sep 2021 13:31:07 #35 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.