My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

playback from HDR2000T is darker than original

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TATHS

I have had a 2000T for several years but recently I upgraded my TV to a Panasonic digital(HD) model which does not need a freeview box but cannot record so I still use the Humax to do any recording. When I playback anything I have recorded on the Humax the picture is much darker than if I view direct. Also the box has recently gone to a green screen - with sound OK. It was apparently cured by downloading the latest Humax software update via a memory stick but and now I get a rather dark picture with no sound. Is there a interaction problem with the Panasonic or what?

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 13:59:53 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

What exactly are you comparing....

1. Live TV via the 2000T and 2000T recordings, or

2. Live TV via the Panasonic internal tuner and 2000T recordings

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 14:26:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TATHS

The colour problem is live TV via Panasonic Tuner versus the 2000T recordings
    More important is the fact that replay of pre-recorded items on the 2000T currently does not have sound.

| Tue 31 Jan 2017 14:26:10 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TATHS - 2 hours ago  » 
    The colour problem is live TV via Panasonic Tuner versus the 2000T recordings
    More important is the fact that replay of pre-recorded items on the 2000T currently does not have sound.

The difference in picture is down to the TV settings (which are individual for external inputs and the TV's own tuners). Are you lacking audio on HD and SD recordings ? Have you turned up the box volume using it's own remote to near max and then use the TV volume to control ?

| Tue 31 Jan 2017 16:53:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

TATHS - 2 hours ago  » 

You'll not be the first to say that about the HDR-2000T/1800T. There is a thread on the topic with a few pages of comments and discussion:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/no-sound-3

TATHS - 3 hours ago  » 

I second what Graham said.
    With modern TVs its usually fairly easy to adjust one source without realising you're not adjusting all sources.
    With my TV I adjust the picture for all sources , then switch to adjusting the audio for just one of them individually as that one has unique Audio, (that one is not a Humax).

| Tue 31 Jan 2017 17:26:13 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.