My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Playing Foxsat HDD content on new 1100S box

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobatorress71

Hi all,

Newly registered today. I've tried to find if this question was asked before, apologies if I missed it.

After nearly 7 years of excellent service, my Foxsat HDR packed in over Christmas. I took out the HDD and put it in a caddy. I now have a 1100S and I was hoping to play the Foxsat content on this new box, but it doesn't seem to find the old stuff. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Just to add, I've tried plugging the HDD into both a Mac and a Windows laptop and it doesn't seem to find the content on there either.

Thanks,

| Mon 18 Apr 2016 11:37:05 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum.

Two issues here :

Like virtually all Humax boxes the Foxsat-HDR uses the Linux operating system. The drive is formatted EXT3 which on it's own a PC does not understand without a Linux File System Driver. EG http://www.ext2fsd.com/

The 1100S can most likely read the Foxsat-HDR drive but there is other considerations.

HD recordings made on the Foxsat-HDR will not be playable even when you can read the recording files. SD ones should be usable but will require a bit of effort. The Foxsat uses a system of support files so a complete recording will consist of a xxx.ts (transport stream file with the audio and video) plus xxx.hmt and xxx.nts (Small image thumbnails for the chapter points may also be found .thm).

If the 1100S is able to read the drive as is. Easiest way is open the third partition (SDA3) and then the video folder. The SD .TS files may play back OK but the HD .ts files will not.

If you still had a working Foxsat transferring the recordings with the aid of the Custom Firmware add on would have been much simpler.

Hope this helps.

| Mon 18 Apr 2016 16:44:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobatorress71

Graham, thank you very much for that information. Unfortunately my Foxsat completely died before I could buy the 1100S. I will look into your suggestion and see how far I get. Thanks again!

| Mon 18 Apr 2016 17:39:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.