My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Poor signal strenth and quality on HD channels

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul123

Hi
    Can anyone please help ? I am having real problems on channels 101 to 105 only. I have my humax linked up to my Samsung smart tv.
    Using the tv tuner only the signal strength is 70% quality 100% on all 5 channels. When using the humax tuner strength is 30% quality 40% resulting in picture break up.
    All other channels results in a loss in strength of about 30% from 95% to 65% but quality remains at 100% so picture is fine
    I have retuned both tv and humax but the result remains the same. What could cause this problem with these 5 only HD channels ? I am at my wits end. I live about 3 miles from the Sutton coldfield transmitter.
    Thanks for any advice.

| Sat 21 Oct 2017 22:12:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Paul123 - 49 minutes ago  » 
    What could cause this problem with these 5 only HD channels ? I am at my wits end. I live about 3 miles from the Sutton coldfield transmitter.

If you are that close to the transmitter then it is very possible that the signal strength is too high. If that is the problem then the solution would be to install a variable attenuator in the aerial cabling and find a setting that gives you good reception. Generally speaking an HDR-FOX T2 will work satisfactorily with a signal strength of 50% and pre DSO ours worked fine with a signal strength of 30%.

| Sat 21 Oct 2017 23:07:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul123

Thanks for your reply Martin. I will try one and report back.

| Sun 22 Oct 2017 8:42:07 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.