My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Problem with remote control

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

llandudnoboy

About a week ago I noticed the remote to my 1100S was getting unresponsive. Not totally, but just enough where buttons had to be pressed numerous times before they worked. I thought it was down to the batteries so bought some new ones. They made no difference at all. It's really frustrating trying to navigate through the menus. Has anyone else had this problem? By the way, I only bough the unit in October this year!

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 8:42:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Hi. I have a HB1000S receiver and sometimes I experienced the same thing but what I have done without realising is catching the TV or STB button on the remote thus negating my control. Only a reason I have experienced but intially I was baffled. Pressing the on off button countless times. Nearly throwing it through the window LOL.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 10:28:51 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assuming it's a remote control issue ring Humax support, they will no doubt replace the remote control for you. Incidentally if you have a smartphone or tablet you can use the remote scheduling app (no need to pair) as a WiFi remote control.

It might be worth making a note (photograph the schedule) and doing a reset to factory defaults first.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 10:54:55 #3 |
  4. andyfras

andyfras

You can test that the remote is sending a signal by pointing it at a digital camera. This will see the infra-red signal. Test each button in case it's just some that are playing up.

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 11:04:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

llandudnoboy

Thanks for your replies everyone! Graham, what a great idea using the app as a remote. I never thought of that!
    I called Humax this morning and have emailed details of the problem. Hopefully they'll send a new remote.
    Thanks again everyone!

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 13:32:57 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.