My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Program info for new EPG

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Has anyone yet come up with a way to view program info in the EPG for current live channels without changing channel ?

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 1:43:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Yes on the 4000T, say when your on (example channel 20 Drama) live TV, just press the EPG button when it loads type in a channel number, when it changes to that number (example 3 ITV) just press the OK button once to get the info for that channel.
    Or just press the up and down buttons next to the OK button on the remote.
    This will not change the channel of the live TV you are watching only the EPG guide info.

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 12:06:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

That doesn't seem to work. Load Guide, key in a channel number, press OK to move to that channel in guide, press OK and it just changes channel, no info displayed ?

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 16:07:27 #3 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

That just gives you the channel info, Bill63, what Giverny and others want is the ability to see programme info for programmes that are being broadcast concurrently.

For example tonight on BBC1 the Olympics is being shown from 6:30pm until 9pm. If I'm watching that at 6:40 and go to the EPG I can see that ITV is showing The Zoo at 7pm. If I select that and press OK the info overlay comes up, and I can see what the programmes is about, but I'm still on BBC1 and the Olympics are still playing beneath the overlay.

If however I do exactly the same thing after 7pm, when The Zoo is being broadcast, I won't get the info screen, I'll get taken from BBC1 to ITV where I will then have to press OK twice to get the Info overlay.

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 16:25:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Well it works on my box, for example as I said if you press the EPG guide, select the channel for the info, ( ether by pressing a channel number or scroll up or down.
    Scroll along to you get to the programme you want (HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE), to get info for on that programme then press OK once and it comes up also asking you if you want to record it or not with information of the programme as well.
    If you want the info of the programme your watching just press OK twice EASY.

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 20:03:03 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

When you say "scroll along to you get to the programme you want the info for" do you mean to a programme coming on later?

If so then yes, that works for all of us, but if you mean you can get programme information for something being broadcast on one channel whilst you're viewing a different channel then, I'm puzzled.

As far as I'm aware this is not possible with the latest software, so either we are talking at cross purposes or you still have the old software and EPG.

What software version are you on?

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 20:12:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I cant see what your problem is, you can scroll forward or back on the EPG and get the information for the programme.
    But it will only work if press the EPG button which brings up the full guide. It does not work if just bring up the overlay when you press OK twice.

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 20:18:32 #7 |
  8. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I am tuned to BBC1 now, I press the Guide button and get the EPG, I scroll down to Midsomer Murders on ITV and press OK. The EPG goes off and the channel changes to ITV.

That is my problem, and as far as I'm aware it is the same for everyone in this forum who has posted about this...except for you

What is your software version?

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 20:31:08 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

The latest. I cant get for you now but I post it tomorrow as the box is in the bed room and my is not to good.
    But your box may not be working the same as mine, because I can highlight any programme whether its on now (LIVE TV ANY CHANNEL), or next week and get the info for them all providing the info as been down loaded.
    The EPG goes off for a couple of seconds and up pops the info.
    Are you sure you doing it right, there maybe a problem with your box even, but as I say mine works OK.

| Sun 21 Aug 2016 20:43:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Bill
    I am very envious. You seem to be the only person with a version of the EPG that can display info from the guide for live programs without changing channel.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 23:32:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.