My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Programmes failed to record while on holiday

(28 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Thanks for all your replies. I will do some more experimenting. There was definitely no power outage while I was away because a) my house alarm would have indicated it, and b) my cooker clock would have needed resetting.

Still don't know how to set up the Watch timer, though.

| Mon 29 Apr 2024 10:51:58 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have CEC enabled and the Aura has never turned on my TV when it has woken up to record a programme.

I used Deep Standby with scheduling, so it comes out of Deep Standby at 3PM and goes back into DS at 23:30. Even when it is in normal standby it will not turn on the TV if it is due to record a programme.

When I want to view in the evenings, I touch the standby button on my Home Cinema which turns that on and the TV and touch the Aura standby button and I am all set for my evening viewing.

When I am done, I just press the small standby button on the remote and that turns everything off in one go.

| Mon 29 Apr 2024 11:25:41 #12 |
  3. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

@Harters
    I stopped using Deep Standby years ago when I had problems with the Aura coming out of DS and going to the Home Page instead of Live TV. When this happens, no recording takes place (in my experience).
    I agree, if the Aura is in standby and starts a scheduled recording, then CEC doesn't bring on the TV. But I'm trying to set a Watch Timer so that the Aura wakes up for an hour every day. In this scenario, the Aura will come out of standby (blue light) and I suspect will then switch on the TV via CEC. As @EEPhil says above, while I'm away I can always switch off CEC for the duration.
    As I asked above, how do you set a Watch Timer for an hours duration without using the Guide? All I can find is setting a Reminder (only in the Guide), and that doesn't allow any timespan.

| Mon 29 Apr 2024 14:11:00 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

@Geoff_W
    Fortunately I have not had any issues using Deep Standby, but I know plenty of others have.

I find that the Aura will return to what ever state it was last used in when it was turned off. By this I mean if I turn off after watching Apps, it will turn on to the Apps screen, but if I was watching live tv or recordings then it will turn on to the last channel that was being viewed.

I have not tried setting a reminder to see what happens, but I have just set a reminder via the App os I will see what happens and report back.

| Wed 1 May 2024 10:39:10 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I don't think you can set a "watch timer". That is why I made the suggestions in an earlier post.

| Wed 1 May 2024 10:58:01 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

EEPhil - 5 hours ago  » 
    I don't think you can set a "watch timer". That is why I made the suggestions in an earlier post.

I did my experiment and as I expected my TV did not turn on, but the reminder bought the Aura out of standby. I did the reminder in a time period I knew it would be out of deep standby as very few people seem to use it…. except me

Due to the way I have my devices linked, it’s when I turn on the Home Cinema that sends the signal to turn on the TV and not the Aura, maybe that is why I don’t have any issues?

| Wed 1 May 2024 16:20:51 #16 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

EEPhil - 5 hours ago  » 

If you mean this in Post #2 - "But you could do a daily reminder on BBC1 at an early time (I use 05:30, set by a time NOT a programme)" I still do not understand how you do it. A manual schedule always sets a recording, not a 'Watch' timer. The 'Watch' timer appears to only be available in the Guide and therefore is tied to a specific programme (which may not be available every day).

| Wed 1 May 2024 16:37:23 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 
    The 'Watch' timer appears to only be available in the Guide and therefore is tied to a specific programme (which may not be available every day).

Go into the Schedule of future recordings, the first entry is to add a new recording. If you select this you can then set a channel, start time date, and duration and which days of the week the recording is to be made.

| Wed 1 May 2024 18:57:21 #18 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 21 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 
    The 'Watch' timer appears to only be available in the Guide and therefore is tied to a specific programme (which may not be available every day).

Go into the Schedule of future recordings, the first entry is to add a new recording. If you select this you can then set a channel, start time date, and duration and which days of the week the recording is to be made.

I don't want to set a recording. I just want to bring the Aura out of standby and let Auto Shutdown put it back into standby after an hour, or any of the pre-defined time periods.

| Thu 2 May 2024 16:30:24 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 16 hours ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 21 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 

I don't want to set a recording. I just want to bring the Aura out of standby and let Auto Shutdown put it back into standby after an hour, or any of the pre-defined time periods.

In my test above, setting a reminder for a program through the App caused the Aura to come out of standby and did not turn on my TV. If I did not interact with it any further, the auto shutdown would shut the box off after the set amount. I think this is what you are asking for?

There is always news on every day, so I would say you are pretty safe using a news program as the 'wake up' reminder, worth a try? ....

| Fri 3 May 2024 8:35:42 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.