(28 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 2 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 16 hours ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 21 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 
    The 'Watch' timer appears to only be available in the Guide and therefore is tied to a specific programme (which may not be available every day).

Go into the Schedule of future recordings, the first entry is to add a new recording. If you select this you can then set a channel, start time date, and duration and which days of the week the recording is to be made.

I don't want to set a recording. I just want to bring the Aura out of standby and let Auto Shutdown put it back into standby after an hour, or any of the pre-defined time periods.

In my test above, setting a reminder for a program through the App caused the Aura to come out of standby and did not turn on my TV. If I did not interact with it any further, the auto shutdown would shut the box off after the set amount. I think this is what you are asking for?
    There is always news on every day, so I would say you are pretty safe using a news program as the 'wake up' reminder, worth a try? ....

Ah! The crucial bit of information. I hadn't realised you had set the reminder via the App. I assume the reminder can be set to operate every day?

| Fri 3 May 2024 11:08:49 #21 |
  2. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

OK, that didn't work. I went to set up a reminder on the app and found I could only set them individually for a programme. A reminder can only be set from the Guide so if I'm away on holiday I would have to keep setting one for each day as they appeared in 7 days time. This is not the solution I was looking for. I was expecting to be able to set a rolling schedule of daily reminders akin to a series link. The solution suggested previously says it can be done, but I've not been able to replicate it.

| Fri 3 May 2024 16:30:38 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have created a reminder by doing the following:

Recordings > Schedule > Reminder > + Add Reminder

Select the channel you want to use, choose start time, then repeat and select every day.

This created 8 reminders in the schedule. The only thing I don’t know is whether it will keep adding a new reminder each day or will run out after 8 days….

| Sat 4 May 2024 16:46:43 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I have a similar reminder set. Each of the day reminders repeat after a week. So you end up with a daily reminder - until something deletes the schedule.

| Sat 4 May 2024 16:59:31 #24 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 23 hours ago  » 
    Select the channel you want to use, choose start time, then repeat and select every day.
    This created 8 reminders in the schedule. The only thing I don’t know is whether it will keep adding a new reminder each day or will run out after 8 days….

Thank you for that explanation - I've finally got it to work. Not sure how I managed to miss the blindingly obvious on the Recordings page. The big test will be in a couple of months time when I'm on holiday for 2 weeks.

| Sun 5 May 2024 16:11:10 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 4 hours ago  » 

Thank you for that explanation - I've finally got it to work. Not sure how I managed to miss the blindingly obvious on the Recordings page. The big test will be in a couple of months time when I'm on holiday for 2 weeks.

Glad to have helped

Hopefully you can give it a try before you go away to see if it keeps appending the reminders day by day.

| Sun 5 May 2024 21:09:55 #26 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 18 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 4 hours ago  » 

Glad to have helped
    Hopefully you can give it a try before you go away to see if it keeps appending the reminders day by day.

Looks like it's working. I set up a full week's worth of reminders yesterday morning. The afternoon reminder (at 16:00) worked correctly and this morning there are still 7 days of reminders in the schedule.

| Mon 6 May 2024 15:16:09 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 20 hours ago  » 

Harters - 18 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 4 hours ago  » 

Glad to have helped

Looks like it's working. I set up a full week's worth of reminders yesterday morning. The afternoon reminder (at 16:00) worked correctly and this morning there are still 7 days of reminders in the schedule.

Great

| Tue 7 May 2024 11:16:57 #28 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.