(29 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 2 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 16 hours ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 21 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 
    The 'Watch' timer appears to only be available in the Guide and therefore is tied to a specific programme (which may not be available every day).

Go into the Schedule of future recordings, the first entry is to add a new recording. If you select this you can then set a channel, start time date, and duration and which days of the week the recording is to be made.

I don't want to set a recording. I just want to bring the Aura out of standby and let Auto Shutdown put it back into standby after an hour, or any of the pre-defined time periods.

In my test above, setting a reminder for a program through the App caused the Aura to come out of standby and did not turn on my TV. If I did not interact with it any further, the auto shutdown would shut the box off after the set amount. I think this is what you are asking for?
    There is always news on every day, so I would say you are pretty safe using a news program as the 'wake up' reminder, worth a try? ....

Ah! The crucial bit of information. I hadn't realised you had set the reminder via the App. I assume the reminder can be set to operate every day?

| Fri 3 May 2024 11:08:49 #21 |
  2. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

OK, that didn't work. I went to set up a reminder on the app and found I could only set them individually for a programme. A reminder can only be set from the Guide so if I'm away on holiday I would have to keep setting one for each day as they appeared in 7 days time. This is not the solution I was looking for. I was expecting to be able to set a rolling schedule of daily reminders akin to a series link. The solution suggested previously says it can be done, but I've not been able to replicate it.

| Fri 3 May 2024 16:30:38 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have created a reminder by doing the following:

Recordings > Schedule > Reminder > + Add Reminder

Select the channel you want to use, choose start time, then repeat and select every day.

This created 8 reminders in the schedule. The only thing I don’t know is whether it will keep adding a new reminder each day or will run out after 8 days….

| Sat 4 May 2024 16:46:43 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I have a similar reminder set. Each of the day reminders repeat after a week. So you end up with a daily reminder - until something deletes the schedule.

| Sat 4 May 2024 16:59:31 #24 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 23 hours ago  » 
    Select the channel you want to use, choose start time, then repeat and select every day.
    This created 8 reminders in the schedule. The only thing I don’t know is whether it will keep adding a new reminder each day or will run out after 8 days….

Thank you for that explanation - I've finally got it to work. Not sure how I managed to miss the blindingly obvious on the Recordings page. The big test will be in a couple of months time when I'm on holiday for 2 weeks.

| Sun 5 May 2024 16:11:10 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 4 hours ago  » 

Thank you for that explanation - I've finally got it to work. Not sure how I managed to miss the blindingly obvious on the Recordings page. The big test will be in a couple of months time when I'm on holiday for 2 weeks.

Glad to have helped

Hopefully you can give it a try before you go away to see if it keeps appending the reminders day by day.

| Sun 5 May 2024 21:09:55 #26 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 18 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 4 hours ago  » 

Glad to have helped
    Hopefully you can give it a try before you go away to see if it keeps appending the reminders day by day.

Looks like it's working. I set up a full week's worth of reminders yesterday morning. The afternoon reminder (at 16:00) worked correctly and this morning there are still 7 days of reminders in the schedule.

| Mon 6 May 2024 15:16:09 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 20 hours ago  » 

Harters - 18 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 4 hours ago  » 

Glad to have helped

Looks like it's working. I set up a full week's worth of reminders yesterday morning. The afternoon reminder (at 16:00) worked correctly and this morning there are still 7 days of reminders in the schedule.

Great

| Tue 7 May 2024 11:16:57 #28 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Update.
    Just been away for 2 weeks in Austria. Set up the Aura with daily reminders etc. and this has all worked perfectly. I was able to set up some scheduled programmes whilst away and these recorded correctly. The daily reminder on Ch. 101 appears to have prevented the Aura from starting up on the Home page which, in the past, has caused recording failures. Result!

| Sun 7 Jul 2024 12:18:00 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.