My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Programming remote?

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cobbler

Thanks for that Brian, I don’t know the history as it came from Facebook & at £30 I’m not complaining. It works fine but just trying to get all features working. Every picture I’ve seen has the remote featured not the remote I’ve got

| Tue 3 Jan 2023 18:21:52 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cobbler

Yet another question for you good folk, I’ve connected a Soundbar using an optical link & found the Humax volume control works on some channels but completely ineffective on others. For instance on BBC 1 it works, you can turn it right up to right down, on BBC2 the volume indicator moves up & down but makes no change to the sound. This makes no sense to me, it would affect all channels or none of them, unless I’m missing something in the settings.

| Sat 7 Jan 2023 10:57:46 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cobbler - 48 mins ago  » 
    Yet another question for you good folk, I’ve connected a Soundbar using an optical link & found the Humax volume control works on some channels but completely ineffective on others. For instance on BBC 1 it works, you can turn it right up to right down, on BBC2 the volume indicator moves up & down but makes no change to the sound.

Are both of the BBC channels SD or is one of them the HD version?

| Sat 7 Jan 2023 11:46:55 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cobbler

BBC 1 is sd, bbc2 is hd, Thinking about this, that could well be what it is, I will go through the channels & check. On my old one it made no difference as it was run on high as per instructions

| Sat 7 Jan 2023 12:37:11 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

cobbler - 2 hours ago  » 
    BBC 1 is sd, bbc2 is hd, Thinking about this, that could well be what it is, I will go through the channels & check. On my old one it made no difference as it was run on high as per instructions

Could you explain "run on high" please?

| Sat 7 Jan 2023 15:15:10 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cobbler

Hi Martin,
    Badly put by me, run on high! With my old Humax HD1100 the instructions said to use it with the volume right up & control it with the television or sound system volume control. I did this, so would have been unaware of whether the Humax volume changed from SD to HD. I’ve now turned the replacement right up the same

| Sat 7 Jan 2023 20:24:05 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.